From clever solutions to wearing rings at the gym and customizing your existing running or walking clothes for low-light conditions to hair and skin saviours that save time and your natural moisture barrier, this is the great stuff to enhance your BFF's physically active life – and yours too, of course.
1. These full-length Taproot compression-fit leggings ($115 CAD and $88 USD at tmplsportswear.com*) from Canadian eco sportwear brand TMPL have a snug, firming fit, high waist (yay) and (be still my heart!) slide-in side pockets for your phone or iPod. Just as importantly, the material is anti-odor – and each order from TMPL Sportswear donates a dollar to One Tree Planted.
2. Noktillu iron-on designs ($19.95 CAD and $15.99 USD at noktillu.com*) made of reflective 3M Scotchlite – the same material used on fire fighter and EMS gear – let you easily customize your favourite gear to kick up your visibility in low lighting conditions.
3. The tiny but mighty silicone Buffr ring protector ($14.95 US, mybuffr.com) is like a cushioning security team for your rings during workouts and weight-lifting sessions, because no one wants to leave their valuable finger-sparkle in a locker.
4. Unless you are a fitness influencer, the gym is no place for full makeup, but gently hydrated evened out skin, courtesy of Laura Mercier’s newly reformulated, legendary tinted moisturizer is always a good thing. (See it IRL via this photo here.) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector ($59 CAD and $47 USD at sephora.com) comes in 26 shades – that's a lot for a sheer formula; a travel-size mini ($32 CAD and $24 USD exclusively at sephora.com) is offered in two shades, 2N1 Nude and 3N1 Sand.
5. This super absorbent FWD Microfiber Rib Gym Towel ($15 CAD at sportchek.ca), dries hair in a flash and is odor-resistant, so your cute gym bag will never develop a mysterious... aroma. In the US, try the Pattern Microfiber Towel ($19 USD at ulta.com), part of the hair-care brand developed by actress Tracee Ellis Ross. (You know her mum is Diana Ross, right?)
6. Batiste Dry Shampoo holiday duo ($14.79 CAD at walmart.ca* and $14.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart*) gives you one for your desk and one for your gym bag (in the limited edition ‘Luxe’ scent), for when a shower/dry/blowout is totally unfeasible.
7. The all-white Nike Benassi Duo Ultra Slide Women's Sandal (from $54 CAD at amazon.ca and $34.95 USD at zappos.com; available in black, $50 CAD and $40 USD at nike.com) with luxe leather straps is really a fashion sandal masquerading as a sporty athleisure slide.
8. Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream ($23.49 at well.ca and $18.99 at ulta.com) with its fast-absorbing formula, is the perfect all-over moisturizer after that too-hot, post-workout shower that feels great but dries out your skin.
over to you
Confess: how much of your holiday shopping have you already done?
What's the best fitness-related (dry shampoo totally counts) gift you've ever received?
If you work out a gym, do you usually shower there?
iBought✓ PRsamples✓ affiliatelinks✓ *noktillu.com, shoppersdrugmart.ca, tmplsportswear.com, and walmart.ca (in this post) are NOT affiliate links