We haven't talked about this yet: Nicole Kidman is the newest celeb ambassador for Neutrogena. I rather like this unexpected partnership; at 49, the actress is just a year older than I am. Sure, she's had some work done, but most actresses have by now – and besides, Botox, injectables and lifts aren't about pretty skin, which Nicole certainly has.
Given her new association with the brand, obviously her red-carpet makeup at the 2017 Oscars included Neutrogena. Here's the scoop on what makeup pro Jeanine Lobell (she co-founded Stila Cosmetics in 1994 and sold it to Estee Lauder five years later) used to create Nicole's fancy face.
Prepping the skin well with skincare "is key for maintaining fresh, pretty makeup for the long stretch of the red carpet, the show itself, and the after-parties," says Jeanine.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Eye
on the face
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint in Classic Ivory ("on her face and neck for lightweight dewy coverage")
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer (also "on the lids to neutralize in place of a shadow primer")
- pressed powder applied lightly to set the makeup
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush in Rosy on the apples of the cheeks
- gold eye shadow on lids with a touch of russet shadow in the crease; try shades from Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-In Primer in Classic Nude and Mink Brown.
- individual lashes on outer corners of eyes
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara on top and bottom lashes
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Treatment
- Giorgio Armani #402 red lipstick
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine in Deep Cherry dabbed onto the bottom lip
This is classic glamour, made modern with natural full brows, lush lashes and my favourite kind of red lip: vibrant and youthful, yet still a power shade.
What do you think of Nicole's makeup? And of Nicole as a Neutrogena global ambassador? And if you live in Canada, do you ever wish Neutrogena makeup were available in here?? (I've got grabby hands over all the makeup mentioned in this post!)