Holiday-party season is pretty much here, which means many of us will be making a little extra effort when it comes to our get-pretty routines. I've been meaning to do this particular post for ages, but kept putting it off because my before/after photos just don't show the difference I see in real life. When I use Dermarché Labs Roloxin Lift Instant Wrinkle Smoothing Mask ($99 CAD and $79 USD at sephora.com), my complexion looks brighter and my skin has a little more bounce and seems a bit tighter, more lifted, exactly as promised on the box. But in my photos, it's really hard to see. #notahumblebrag
This little video shows a clear before-and-after (the moisturizer makes the After look quite dramatic; I didn't think to snap a shot after applying my skincare – doh! – next time).
Lovelies, believe what you see in this video. Sure it's a promotional piece done by the brand, but the Roloxin Lift Instant Wrinkle Smoothing Mask does exactly this for me. In fact, I realize I've been hoarding the few left I have in my 10-sachet box; I'm going to purchase another so I don't feel so anxious about using up what I have now. #worththesplurge
The way the Dermarché folks explain it, Roloxin Lift spins on water-loving and water-averse silica particles that form a weightless network over the skin.
how to use a dermarché labs roloxin lift instant skin smoothing masque
The above photo is from a sponsored campaign for Calvin Klein Euphoria (sponsored by CK, not Dermarché Labs). Before makeup and skincare, I used a Roloxin Lift mask (and geeked out about it on Instagram).
- Vigorously squeeze the unopened sachet all over for 20 seconds to activate the contents.
- You need to start with clean skin, so wash your face as you would normally. Pat dry, but don't apply softener, serum or moisturizer just yet.
- Open sachet and apply Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Mask all over damp skin as per the video, and let it sit until it dries fully.
- Rinse gently and thoroughly, using just water and your hands. Pat face dry.
- Your skin will feel oddly sandy, but that's good – it's the silica "mesh" sitting on top of your skin, keeping it a little more taut and creating an unexpectedly smoother surface than you'd think.
- Take a beat to admire your luminous complexion.
- Apply your skin softener, serum, sunscreen as usual.
- Apply makeup as usual. That's where you should really notice the extra bounce-back in your skin, and a smoother foundation application.
The best part is that the mask benefits will last the entire day (from 12 to 24 hours, according to Dermarché Labs), until you use makeup remover and cleanser before bed. *applause*
I would use a Roloxin Lift mask every day if I could afford it. That reminds me, I have a couple of lottery tickets I should check.... Seriously, if I were to ask Santa to bring me presents for Christmas, a box of 10 Dermarché Labs Roloxin Lift Instant Wrinkle Smoothing Masks would be one of them. Actually, two. Or five. #greedy #grabbyhands #gimmeallthethings
Have you tried this marvelous mask yet? I'd put it on my holiday gift list if I were you, right now.
P.S: Roloxin Lift masks are really great for men, too – instant triumph over #tiredface.
To keep track of what Dermarché Labs is up to, follow them on Instagram. (Don't have an Instagram account? Whyever not? You don't ever have to post anything yourself, just follow people you like!)