The frenzy over Tarte's Color Wheel Amazonian Clay Blush palette is no surprise – look at it! Plus, Tarte is just one of the hottest makeup brands especially at gift-giving time.
That the Color Wheel Amazonian Clay Blush palette is considered a holiday release is a little puzzling to me given that it's a September launch, but does that really matter? It'll sell out fast, and then there'll be more holiday releases from the brand to make up for it.
Canadian lovelies, sephora.com here will have it in the next week or two; stay tuned!
Should you miss your chance at the Tarte Color Wheel Amazonian Clay Blush Palette ($44 USD at sephora.com), may I suggest the following as a consolation acquisition:
These Tarte zippered kits (did you see last year's Light of the Party?) are so full of stuff! Great for makeup junkies of course, but also as a big-impact gift for someone who's just getting into makeup.
The shadows are a smart mix of finishes that should work for more mature faces too – so many of the neutral shadows are matte. The shimmery and metallic shades would be amazing used as liner or dabbed in the centre of the mobile lid to catch a bit of light and add a bit of strategic light and radiance.
This kit features 24 limited-edition Amazonian Clay eyeshadows in matte and micro-metallic finishes (.87g each):
- Glitter Glue, Nude, Bronze Casting, Silhoutte
- Waterlines, van Gogh with it, Metal Work, Charcoal Sketch
- Pearl Earring, Frameworthy, First Impression, Starry Night
- Fresco, Hearts & Crafts, Selfie Portrait, One Too Manet
- Porcelain Dali, Monochrome, hot MoMa, Stained Glass
- Pastel, I Lourve It, Get Surreal, Still Life
On the right side you'll find four limited-edition cheek shades (4.47 g each):
- Amazonian Clay Blush in Moment (coral)
- Amazonian Clay Highlighter in Authentic (champagne)
- Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Unique (shimmer)
- Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Provacative (matte contour)
In the little mirrored section above the cheek shades, you'll find:
- a mini Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara in Black
- a Rainforest of the Sea So Fine Micro Liner in Black
- a Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in Ovbi (warm nude)
The full ingredient list for each of the shadow formulas, the cheek shades and three tucked-away items is on sephora.com.
Did you indulge in any of Tarte's holiday releases last year? For yourself or for some other lucky person?