When The Globe & Mail asked me to contribute to a makeup-focussed sponsored piece built around Calvin Klein Euphoria, I had to take a beat to think on it. Euphoria is a sensual, romantic fragrance, alluring and dreamy with plush notes of black orchid, pomegranate and amber. It's lovely and feminine – you've seen gorgeous Natalia Vodianova in the lush ad campaigns.
I wear men's fragrance. I usually do my makeup in the back of an Uber. I wear drape-tastic black or grey with leggings and boots or wedge sneakers. I don't spend any time swanning around in sexy dresses and flirty lashes.
But here's the thing about perfume: it gives a girl ideas. Euphoria reminds me that a soft white tee and jeans (or leggings) can be sexy too, and I can't be the only woman who hasn't given swishy dresses and come-hither shoes much thought in a while. And in terms of makeup – no real thought required, really. Euphoria easily inspires the kind of dewy skin, flushed cheeks and rosy glow any of us can acquire via a hot date night, a brisk walk, or "Episode 7: The Wedding" in the first season of Outlander.
To see the Globe Style Scentsationalists makeup piece now, download the Globe Style app and hit the Spring 2016 issue that features Canadian designer Tanya Taylor on the cover. If you're looking for a hard copy, Style Advisor dropped on Friday April 15th; it'll also appear in the Style Section of The Globe & Mail newspaper on May 7th. (The style app is free, btw.)
the makeup inspired by calvin klein euphoria
for dewy skin
- Dermarché Labs Roloxin Lift Instant Winkle Smoothing Mask ($59 CAd for five at sephora.ca and $45 USd for five at sephora.com), followed by serum and moisturizer – lovelies, this stuff is AMAZING.
- Laneige BB Cushion SPF 50 ($44 CAd including refill at sephora.ca and $34 USd including refill at target.com )
- Laneige Cushion Concealer ($25 CAd at sephora.ca and $20 USd at target.com)
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder ($58 CAd at holtrenfrew.com and $45 USd at nordstrom.com)
- RMS Living Luminizer ($47.50 CAd at beautymark.ca and $38 USd at birchbox.com)
- Amaterasu Liquid Brow Pen in Brunette ($30 at beautymark.ca) – can't live without it.
- Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in Mesmerising Mink ($32 CAd at charlottetilbury.com/ca) and $27 USd at charlottetilbury.com)
- A dab of Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blusher in Ecstacy ($50 CAd at holtrenfrew.com and $40 USd at nordstrom.com)
- Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara ($35 at sephora.ca and $32 at sephora.com) – one of my favourites for fast drama and length.
- Covergirl Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Lip Balm in Soda ($8.99 CAd at drugstores and $8.99 USd at ulta.com)
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blusher in Ecstacy ($50 CAd at holtrenfrew.com and $40 USd at nordstrom.com) dusted over balm
- Covergirl Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Lip Balm in Soda ($8.99, drugstores)
Do you wear Calvin Klein Euphoria? Does your fragrance choice influence your makeup decisions? How often do you manage a hot date night? And most importantly, have you seen Episode 7: The Wedding from season one of Outlander??