I vote for this makeup on Emmy Rossum at the 2016 Critics Choice Awards last night over the look she wore at the 2016 Golden Globes. Okay, maybe a little less liner on that right eye, but overall she looks dewy and gorgeous. Celebrity makeup artist Jo Baker spotlighted Emmy's eyes (she "lightened" her brows, btw) with a backdrop of glowing skin and soft lips.
emmy rossum critics choice 2016 makeup
- Makeup artist Jo Baker dotted Emmy's lids with Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Trespassing Taupe (at ulta.com), a creamy matte soft mushroom shade, and smudged it all over.
- Jo then used Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke 'n Shine Eyeliner in Little Black Smokey (at londondrugs.com and ulta.com) along the star's upper lash lines, and softened the edges with a small brush for a "soft and hazy" effect that makes lashes appear more dense.
- On Emmy's waterlines, Jo deposited a generous application of Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze (at londondrugs.com and ulta.com), getting it thoroughly into the base of the lashes. Choosing bronze instead of black for the waterline "adds a little warmth" and enhances Emmy's distinctive brown eyes.
- After curling Emmy's lashes, Jo layered on several coats of Rimmel London ScandalEyes XX-treme Mascara in Black (at londondrugs.com and ulta.com). “The dual applicator comb/brush makes it easy for you," she says. "With one side you can whack on the volume and then tilt it around, and using the other side, you comb the mascara through from root to tip making sure not to miss one single hair.”
- As an eye-makeup finishing step, Jo then brightened the inner corners of Emmy's eyes with Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Witness White (at londondrugs.com and ulta.com).
- Jo achieved that dewy radiance on Emmy's skin with Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation in Ivory (at londondrugs.com and ulta.com). The formula “has a built-in comfort serum and a lightweight texture, preventing you from feeling any dryness or tightness that’s often associated with long wear foundations,” she says.
- She then highlighted the star's nose and cheekbones with Rimmel London Good to Glow Highlighter in Notting Hill Glow (at Walmart Canada and asos.com)
- On Emmy's collarbone, shoulders and arms, she used a mix of body lotion and Rimmel London Good to Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow (at Walmart Canada and asos.com)
- Jo gave Emmy's cheeks a soft glow with a light touch of the Rimmel London Kate Moss Sculpting Palette (at walmart.ca and kmart.com), and used the middle shade as a subtle contour under the actress's cheekbones.
- Jo gave Emmy's dark brows a structured groomed finish, but wanted to lessen their impact a bit to keep the focus on Emmy's eyes. She lightened them slightly with Rimmel London Brow This Way Eyebrow Gel in Blonde (at londondrugs.com and walgreens.com).
- To finish the warm, smoky-eyed makeup, Jo topped Emmy's lips with two coats of Rimmel London Provocalips in Pucker Up (at londondrugs.com and amazon.com) for a shimmery pale pink sheen.
Much better than Emmy's Golden Globes makeup, I think. More flattering on her eyes – and more alluring.
Thoughts? Have you tried any of these Rimmel London products, by the way? That Kate Moss Sculpting Palette looks great! #gimmethat