One of my favourite makeup looks of the Golden Globes was on Taraji P Henson, who delightedly took home a Golden Globe for her role as Cookie on Fox's Empire. I happened to tune into the red carpet stuff just as the camera found Taraji's fantastic face, and I loved what her makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff had done on her amazing eyes. The shadow shimmered and glistened beautifully, with a bit of a dewy finish that made me wish I had the kind of cable that allowed me to press pause so I could study the makeup more. It looked expensive. And, it turns out, it's drugstore.
We know we don't need to spend $$$ for great makeup these days. Innovation and great textures abound for reasonable prices at the drugstore; it's been that way for the last several years, at least, and it's just getting better. That said, I briefly wondered if Taraji had been wearing Armani on her eyes. In fact, like JLo (a L'Oréal Paris celebrity ambassador), she wore L'Oréal Paris. A list of what Ashunta used is below.
taraji p henson golden globes 2016 makeup
- True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in C5.5 Natural Tan (at ulta.com)
- True Match Super Blendable Concealer in Medium/Deep Neutral (at ulta.com) under eyes as well as a highlight on brow bones and down the bridge of the nose
- True Match Super Blendable Powder in C6 (at ulta.com)
- Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink (at ulta.com)
- L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in Sunset Seine (at ulta.com) on lids
- Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in Café Au Lait (at ulta.com) in the creases
- Infallible Black Velvet Liner (at ulta.com) to define her lashlines top and bottom
- Voluminous Superstar Red Carpet Mascara (at ulta.com) on lashes
- Colour Riche Lip Liner in Au Naturel (at drugstore.com)
- Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction (at ulta.com)
I have to say I don't love Taraji's brows as much as the rest of her makeup, but they work for her. Still, I could see Taraji P Henson as a L'Oréal Paris celebrity face. Why doesn't she already have a cosmetics contract?
Do you have thoughts?