After the trauma of seeing poor Beth Behrs age more than 10 years via one less-than-artful makeup application, my beauty soul is soothed and restored by this stunning, all-ages look on Maybelline spokesface Gigi Hadid. The model (and girlfriend to Joe Jonas) was a presenter at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVAs) Sunday evening. Radiant and simple, this makeup by Grace Lee, Maybelline Lead Makeup Artist, makes everything right in my world.
Lovelies, what Grace did here on 20-year-old Gigi is how it's done: the makeup celebrates all that youth, bouncy collagen, sproing-y elastin and It-girl glow by enhancing it, not by stomping all over it with her makeup kit.
I can't rock that outfit. But I want to wear my makeup like this. My pretty 13-year-old niece E would look divine in this makeup. And young E, who is very handy with a makeup brush, could copy this look brilliantly on her mum, too. (Stay tuned for tips on how to adapt this fresh, glowing look if you've snuck past 40, 50 or 60, by the way.)
steal gigi hadid's glowing all-ages makeup look
Here's what Grace did and what she used:
- Prepped Gigi's skin with Face Studio Master Prime and then massaged Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation into the model's skin for the most natural finish.
- Subtly intensified the contours of Gigi's face with Fit Me Matte and Poreless Powder in a shade darker than her skin's natural hue.
- Used the Blushed Nude Palette on Gigi's eyes to impart soft shimmer and a hint of pink and gold iridescence.
- Filled brows in with Eye Studio Brow Precise and set them with Eye Studio Brow Drama in Translucent.
- Added drama to Gigi's lashes with Lash Sensational and Colossal Chaotic mascaras.
- Patted Gigi's cheeks with Master Glaze in Just Pinched Pink.
- Mixed Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched and Color Tattoo cream shadow in Barely Branded (a signature Grace-Lee move) and applied it as highlight on tops of cheebones, down the bridge of the nose and on the bow of the lips.
- Smoothed lips with Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched and dabbed on a touch of Maybelline Color Blur Lip Pencil in I'm Blushing.
- Manicurist Wendy Rorong painted Gigi's nails with Maybelline Color Show Nail Laquer in Pink Embrace and topped it with Gilded Rose.
Whaddya think, beautygeeks? Better than loads of heavy lashes and full-coverage mascara? Could you do this? (Again, stay tuned for tips for faces more seasoned than Gigi's 20 years.) Do you have any of these Maybelline makeup items already?
Gigi Hadid photos by ©NormanWong for Maybelline New York.