Oh, Emma Stone. Chartreuse? Really? Amazing! That stunning, custom, scene-stealing beaded Elie Saab gown made visions of spring dance in makeup artist Rachel Goodwin's mind. Here's what she did to give Emma, a Revlon celebrity face, a look she describes as "soft and ethereal" as well as fun and unexpected. (Click here for more on how Emma Stone gets ready for the red carpet and click here for this year's behind-the-scenes).
- after the actress kicked up the hydration in her skin with an SK-II facial mask, Rachel, Emma's longtime makeup artist, prepped her complexion with Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Sérum.
- for extra smoothness, stay-put insurance and shine control, she applied Revlon PhotoReady Prime + Anti Shine Balm.
- she finished Emma's complexion with Chanel Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in 10 Beige.
- on cheeks she used Chanel Powder Blush in Angelique.
- Rachel kept things simple on Emma's eyes with a neutral Chanel limited-edition Lumières Facettes Quadra Eye Shadow of nudes and browns.
- She chose Chanel Écriture de Chanel Eyeliner Pen in Brun for a soft yet rich effect.
- to ehance Emma's lashes she used Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara in Black.
- Rachel wanted an exuberant coral to play off the chartreuse gown; she lined Emma's lips in Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Rouge Candy ($29 at nordstrom.com).
- and she finished with Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Tulip ($7.99 at target.com).
Mara Roszak, L'Oreal Paris celebrity hair stylist in the US, decided on a 1930's-inspired s-wave for Emma's hair. She used a one-inch curling iron to add waves then set them in pin curls. Later, in the front of Emma's hair, she shaped S-waves with a comb and her fingers, pulled back the hair on one side, and finished with L'Oreal Paris Extra Hold Elnett Hairspray.
#IstillwanttobeEmmaStone. And I can't get enough of that coral lip with Emma's red hair. In fact, Emma's entire look -- gown, hair and makeup -- was my favourite of the evening. What do you think? Love? Like? Meh? Love?