Lupita Nyong'o is so inspiring in her enthusiasm for making a red-carpet colour and style statement -- and a different statement each time. For instance, at the 2015 Golden Globes she was all petal-pretty in Giambattista Valli, with full hair and violet-hued makeup; at the 2015 SAG Awards, she was graphic and gorgeous in Elie Saab and vibrant red lipstick.
I can't quite decide which I like better. I love the romance of the 2015 Golden Globes look, and Lupita looks so delicate in that pretty Giambattista Valli frock. And of course the fashion world melted when Lupita wore those geek-chic Stella McCartney specs on stage (and again at the SAG Awards).
Yet I think the more structured, deep-vee Elie Saab gown she wore at the 2015 SAG Awards suits Lupita's athletic frame just a smidge more -- in my fantasy life, I'd be more likely to wear that one. But I still can't decide which overall look I prefer. Am I lame to declare a tie? What do you think?
lupita's golden globes makeup list
The best part of Lupita Nyong'o's Golden Globes 2015 makeup is that the eyeshadow she wore is from a new eyeshadow palette her makeup artist Nick Barose designed for Lancôme, for whom Lupita is famously a celebrity face. The star named the Bright Eyes Color Design 5-Pan Eyeshadow Palette "Jacaranda Bloom." Image via Lupita Nyong'o on Instagram.
- Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
- Génifique Eye Light Pearl
- La Base Pro Pore Eraser
- Nude Miracle Liquid-to-Powder Makeup in Suede 530
- Translucence Mattifying Powder in Suede 550
- Armani Fluid Sheer #4
- Les Sourcils Définis in Brown
- Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eye Liner in Café Noir and Amethyst
- new Bright Eyes Color Design 5-Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Jacaranda Bloom
- Artliner in Aubergine
- Grandiôse Mascara
- Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No Shine Lip Balm
- Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolat
- Color Design Lipcolor in Hit List
- Lip Lover in Framboise Etoile
lupita's sag awards 2015 makeup list
For Lupita's 2015 SAG Awards makeup, Nike Barose went with 40's inspired glamour; her Lancôme L'Absolu lipstick in Caprice rather nicely matches the splashes of red in her gown.
- NEW Visionnaire [LR 2412 4% - Cx] Advanced Skin Corrector
- Visionnaire Yeux Advanced Eye Contour
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation in Suede 540
- Effacernes Waterproof Concealer in Dark Suede
- Translucence Mattifying Powder in Suede 500
- Blush Subtil in Plum Noir
- Armani Fluid Sheer in 10
- Le Sourcil Pro Brow Pencil & Highlighter in Brun
- Artliner Liquid Liner in Noir
- Color Design Eye Shadow in Fashion Label and Colour Du Jour
- Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eye Liner in Golden Riviera
- Hypnôse Mascara in Black
- Kiehl’s Scented Lip Balm #1 Cranberry
- Le Crayon Lip Contour in Garnet
- L'Absolu Rouge Lipcolor in Caprice
Okay, one more comparison look:
Between these two Lupita red-carpet beauty looks, is there a winner for you?