Blue-eyed beautygeeks have gotta love this beautiful smoky bordeaux makeup celeb artist Molly Stern created for Reese Witherspoon at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards. The matte-wine shade is ideal for blue eyes (wine or bordeaux is directly opposite blue on the colour wheel) -- it makes them glow and, against the skin, creates a brighter overall look than a grey or black-based shadow would. Stern (fun fact: she did Ellen's makeup for the star's CoverGirl campaign) used products from Caudalie, Natura Bissé, Kjaer Weis, Make Up For Ever, Shu Uemura and Laura Mercier for Reese's red-carpet SAG Awards look. Here's the breakdown.
- Stern prepped Reese's skin with an invigorating misting of Caudalie Eau De Beaute Beauty Elixer ($19 at sephora.ca and $18 at sephora.com) then massaged in Natura Bissé The Cure Pure Serum ($260 at neimanmarcus.com) for hydration and a vibrant glow.
- For a "dewy and lustrous" effect, Stern applied new Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation (launching April 2015; if you can't wait, try the existing Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, $57 at sephora.ca and $47 at sephora.com) in Cream Ivory.
- On the apples of Reese's cheeks, she used Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Lovely ($56 at spiritbeautylounge.com).
- To build a "matte earthy wine" shade, Stern began with Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24 at nordstrom.com) as an eyeshadow base on Reese Witherspoon's lids and along the lower lash lines.
- To add depth, over that she applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle ($24 at nordstrom.com), a rich brown shadow.
- Stern then layered on a brighter shade, Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow Matte Finish in Morello Cherry ($24 at sephora.ca and $24 at sephora.com).
- With Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso ($30 at sephora.ca and $24 at sephora.com), she tightlined Witherspoon's upper and lower lash lines.
- Stern then curled Reese's lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($24 at shuuemura.ca and $20 at shuuemura-usa.com) and finished with two coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($31 at sephora.ca and $25 at sephora.com).
- Stern brushed Reese's brows into place and filled them in very lightly to keep them looking natural and soft.
- Stern used a layer of Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Cocoa ($32 at sephora.ca and $27 at sephora.com) as a base on Reese Witherspoon's lips
- She brightened and enriched the color with Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Orchid Pink ($34 at sephora.ca and $28 at sephora.com).
- For "added punch," she applied Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Vermillion Red ($34 at sephora.ca and $28 at sephora.com) to the center of the lips.
- And for "depth and sheen," she finished with Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Black Cherry ($29 at sephora.ca and $25 at sephora.com).
Also, how pretty was Reese's hair?? Witherspoon pulls off an elegant ponytail so well. It's those great cheekbones and that defined jawline. #bonestructureenvy
Ya got thoughts?