Apparently it's National Lipstick Day -- in which nation I don't know, but who cares? It's an excuse to get into another noteworthy matte liquid lipstick, lovelies! Newish, at least in North America, these are three of a six-shade Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet matte liquid lipstick collection. (In France there are eight; we never get them all. Grrrr.) Wanna see? It'll just take a sec.
bourjois rouge edition velvet matte liquid lipstick
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club ($24) is so pretty! It's not quite bright enough for just-mascara eye makeup; a little liner or shadow will do, though.
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong ($24) is an amaaazing in-your-face fuchsia. Frustratingly, my camera doesn't quite express it.
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Grand Cru ($24) is more intense than it appears here. Again, my camera had trouble capturing it exactly. I tried to get there in Photoshop, but made my skin look blotchy in the process, so your imagination will have to kick in the rest.
Bourjois is a cosmetics company with heritage. Read all about it here if you aren't already familiar! I really don't have a lot to say about these Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet matte liquid lipsticks, though. Just this stuff:
- A clear lip liner or some other way of fencing your lip color in may be necessary to prevent color migration.
- Application requires care -- these aren't so back-of-cab friendly because they're so very pigmented and -- well, liquid.
- The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks go on really smoothly.
- Although the finish is matte, it has a soft sheen that dials down over time.
- And the color lasts for a loooong time on lips without drying them out.
Six of eight European shades of Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick have made the trip across the pond. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks available in Canada include an intense red called Personne ne rouge!; a red-berry pink called Frambourjoise; and a rosewood nude called Nude-ist. You'll find them all at Shoppers Drug Mart. They should be on the bourjois.ca website for reference, but for some reason they aren't -- try bourjois.com instead.
Have you tried a Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick yet? Will you? Yes?