Hallo, lovely people! What’s up today? Over here it’s instant art for people like me who can’t art. Some call ’em splatter top coats, some call ’em street art top coats, some call ’em graffiti top coats, and some call ’em glitter or confetti top coats, but any way you swatch it, it’s easy peasy lemon squeezy to apply and it looks pretty neat, too.
There’s so much to show you that individual manicures would take me a decade, so I decided to roll with wheels. I hope ya’ll don’t mind…
you can call ’em splatter top coats
Splatter Top Coats Wheel
1. L’Oreal Confetti Top Coat
2. Avon Urban splatter - Urban Green
3. Revlon Graffiti Top Coat 732
4. Ceramic Glaze – Glitter Bells
5. Ceramic Glaze – Not Mrs Claus
6. Formula X for Sephora – Bionic Top Coat
7. Maybelline Color Show Street Art – Green Graffiti
8. Maybelline Color Show Street Art – Nighttime Noise
9. Maybelline Color Show Street Art – Blue Beats
10. Maybelline Color Show Street Art – Pink Splatter
11. Maybelline Color Show Street Art – Wild at Heart
After I made you the Wheel Of Great Splatter Top Coats, I figured I should also make you a wheel with all the stuff applied over colour coats. So I did. I painted the corresponding splatter top coat on top so #1 on the Splatter Wheel is what you see over #1 on the Colour Wheel.
Colour + Splatter Top Coats from first wheel
1. Ceramic Glaze – Exotic Dragon Fruit
2. Nicole by OPI – I Shop Mintage
3. Zoya – Juno
4. Sally Girl – Dumped
5. essence – Oh My Glitter!
6. Butter London – Cake-Hole
7. Estee Lauder – Metallic Green
8. Avon Gel Finish – Royal Vendetta
9. Sally Hansen Satin Glam – Silk Onyx
10. Revlon Sun Candy – Pink Dawn
11. NARS – Galathee
or you can call ’em graffiti top coats
I know you’re wondering if I have a favourite graffiti top coat and I do. It’s my L’Oreal Confetti top coat (aka Sparklicious and no longer available, I'm sorry) that launched back in the summer of 2013. I love it on so many things like blue as seen here, and nieces as seen here, too.
The new launches of Maybelline Color Show Street Art ($4.49 each at mass retailers and drugstores) are quite special though. There are eleven different sizes of glitter bits and pieces in these here graffiti-effect top coats and they really do make for eye-catching digits. That #9, Maybelline Color Show Street Art in Blue Beats is awesome over that shade of charcoal grey. I think I gotta go make a whole manicure of that right, right now.
So, there you are, splatter graffiti street art top coats covered in a flash – you needa go get any of it?
Photos by Karen Falcon (she has a pot of tulips on her desk) ©2014 BEAUTYGEEKS/imabeautygeek.com