Hey, that's Canadian model Dauphine McKee on the left. She's with the Elmer Olsen agency in Toronto, and just a couple of months ago she won a 2013 P&G Beauty and Grooming Award as Best Next Face. She's started her year off nicely, hasn't she? Now let's talk about those sparkling Chanel sequin eyes from the Chanel Spring-Summer 2014 Haute Couture runway. It's like frost, created by makeup artists rather than the polar vortex.
Never have we wanted to wear glitter more. Actually, never have we wanted to wear glitter ever. But now, thanks to these Chanel sequin eyes... who cares that we're older than 40? Well, Cranky Beauty Pants isn't quite. But whatever. We love the look with that graphic stroke of liquid liner.
These Chanel sequin eyes were the makeup stars of the fashion house's Spring-Summer 2014 Haute Couture runway show earlier this week. Read on for the lowdown on this glitterati gaze. And note that in the above photo, the makeup artist is building the liquid line stroke by stroke, not in one continuous sweep. You'll see in the close ups.
Chanel sequin eyes: on skin
• Chanel Hydra Beauty skincare
• Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup (launching this Spring)
• Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen
• Correcteur Perfection Longlasting Concealer
• Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder
Chanel sequin eyes: on eyes
• Ligne Graphique de Chanel in Noir-Noir, N°10
• Le Crayon Khol in Clair, N°69
• Mascara Le Volume de Chanel in Black, N°10
• Recourbe Cils de Chanel (lash curler)
• Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil
• Le Sourcils de Chanel Perfect Brows powder
• individual silver sequins line the lower lashline (not a Chanel makeup item; we have to find our own)
Chanel sequin eyes: on cheeks
• Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Espiegle, N°65
Chanel sequin eyes: on lips
• Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Satisfaction, N°80 (from the Variation Collection launching next month)
Chanel sequin eyes: on nails
• Le Vernis in Frisson N°543 (click on the above photo to take a closer look at the nail polish in the black box)
Gorgeous, right? Just need an occasion or place to wear it. Like maybe brunch on Saturday. Or brunch on Sunday. Or a Grammy Awards evening at a friend's house.
Would you try this, ever? Ever, ever??
2014 Spring-Summer Chanel Haute Couture Show Backstage. Makeup Chanel. © Chanel 2014. Photos Vincent Lappartient.