I never expected to become dependent on something as frivolous as a pricey spray bronzer. Yet I can't do withoutGuerlain Terracotta Spray Bronzing Powder Mist ($60, Guerlain boutiques) to even out my sun-damaged décolleté in seconds.
I blame Guerlain makeup pro and Paris-based Canadian expat Maxime Poulin. His demo in the quick video below caught my attention but good: if he can use spray bronzer all over his face without even looking in the mirror, I needed to try the stuff myself.
The before-and-after photos. I like the natural-looking, not-too-perfect sheer finish. Plus I'd rather avoid self-tanner, and not just because of That Smell. I worry self-tanner would darken the hyperpigmentation as well as the paler skin. This spray simply blurs the colour difference. And did I mention the application took about three seconds?
Here's Maxime's totally cute super-short demo:
spray bronzing powder details
1) not a self-tanner, this is a spray bronzer that washes off in the shower
2) faster, more convenient décolleté application than applying pressed-powder bronzer with a brush
3) must hold the spray a good 10-inches away from skin
4) the mist is attracted to skin -- but don't spray it over light or white fabric
5) nope, not waterproof, but it stays put really well given that I don't spend much time outside in melty weather if I can help it
6) available in two shades, 01 (light) and 02 (medium)
Do you have to even out the skintone on your upper chest like I do? Have you tried Guerlain Terracotta Spray Bronzing Powder Mist? Or any other brand's spray bronzing powder?