I've been obsessed with this Cannes-Film-Festival image of Jane Fonda from for a while. Sure she's had some work done -- a proper face lift, in fact. She's spectacular, 75 with a killer body she keeps in shape via regular exercise. But the detail I love most about this image is that her makeup artist used shimmery eye shadow.
jane fonda makeup: shimmery eye shadow
Could be that the shimmer on her lids works because Jane's face is quite smooth. Plus the metallic sheen is confined to the lids. But most older women avoid shimmer on their lids because they think it'll emphasize wrinkles there. And okay, it does. But really, who cares? It also makes the eyes look bright and luminous. Worth it, I say. (Note: shimmer is worth it. But the more obnoxious shine of frost and sparkle -- those textures are for teens.)
Jane is a L'Oreal Paris celebrity face, and L'Oreal Paris makeup pros were dolling up the celebs for the Cannes red carpets. So I asked the brand for a Jane Fonda makeup get-the-look breakdown.
- La Couleur Infallible Eye Shadow in Sahara Treasure on the lid and along lower lashes (a lid primer as base is a good idea)
- Voluminous Smoldering Eye Liner in Brown smudged along the upper and lower lash lines as well as the outer vee of the lids to add depth
- Infallible Black Lacquer Liner 24H Eyeliner in Blackest Black to add intensity along the upper lashlines and the inner upper rim
- Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Blackest Black (there are some false lashes in the mix, too)
Here's the Jane Fonda makeup face chart, followed by the full list of Eddie's recommendations.
- Visible Lift Smooth Absolute Foundation ($18.99)
- Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer ($12.99)
- Visible Lift Serum Advanced Age-Reversing Powder ($16.99)
- Visible Lift Colour Blush in Berry Lift 706 ($15.99, well.ca)
- La Couleur Infallible Eye Shadow in Sahara Treasure ($10.99)
- Voluminous Smoldering Eye Liner in Brown ($11.99)
- Infallible Black Lacquer Liner 24H Eyeliner in Blackest Black ($11.99, well.ca)
- Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Blackest Black ($12.99)
- La Couleur Infallible Lip liner in Mauve 507 ($10.99, well.ca)
- Colour Riche Caresse Shine Stain Lipcolour in Lilac Ever After ($11.99, well.ca), with two or three dabs of Colour Riche Caresse Shine Stain Lipcolour in Coral Tattoo in the centre of the top/bottom lip to add fullness and shine.
What do you think? Would you avoid shimmer on your lids to avoid highlighting wrinkles? Or is this Jane Fonda makeup something you'd try?
Try to keep up with Jane Fonda here.
L'Oreal Paris cosmetics are available at drugstores and mass retailers. Jane Fonda makeup image courtesy of L'Oreal Paris.