There is no separation between salon and state in North Korea, reports The Telegraph. The communist government has apparently decided upon just 28 hairstyles from which citizens can choose -- 18 for women, 10 for men.
Word is that the government deems these "'the most comfortable' styles and capable of warding off the corrupting effects of capitalism." The long and the short of it all is this:
- Single females must stick to simple styles -- read: shorter.
- Married females may have longer hair and more elaborate options, such as an updo.
- Young males must keep their hair less than 5 cm long, and schedule trims every 15 days.
- Older males may let their hair grow to 7 cm in length.
- Spikes and Harry Styles quiffs (above) are absolutely prohibited.
- The style sported by North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is not on the menu.
This certainly simplifies choosing a new â€™do. Which style is your fave?