Radiance isn't something that happens automatically; we have to work at it some to keep the glow strong. But you know what? Kicking up our radiance factor is as simple as one of the following seven ways, some of which you may already have mastered (high-five, you!).
1) Whiten your teeth. This is a tip I haven't given in a while, but a certain television series set in a time before teeth bleaching reminded me that whiter teeth can do so much for your complexion. The more contrast between your teeth and your skin, the brighter and younger you look. Try Crest 3D White 2 Hour Express Whitestrips for a same-day more gorgeous smile.
2) Give skin a glow boost. Switch things up from your usual complexion go-to. Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation makes skin look healthy without looking made up, and has skincare benefits besides. Add dimension with bronzer just one shade darker than your skintone: dust a little across your forehead at your hairline, on temples, and under cheekbones. Dab highlighter along brow bones, on the tops of cheekbones and lightly on the bow of your upper lip.
3) Mix things up with colour. Line upper lashlines in purple (Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner comes in fabulous Violet Voltage), indigo, or teal, all hot, wearable shades that make all eye colours pop.
4) Turn a different cheek. Swap that well-used blush for a new shade. Pink's your go-to? Try apricot or coral, or pretty plum. Powder's your staple? Try a cream blush -- you know I love Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush -- or tap on tinted lip balm (yes!), such as Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm SPF 15 in Anemone or Coral for sheer colour with a dewy finish. Do you usually hit the apples of your cheeks? Try blending just under your cheekbones to sculpt them instead. Or on your lower cheeks, to mimic a windburned beauty.
5) Flash false lashes. Lush lashes are easier than you think, and trust me -- they'll make you feel flirty and ultra-feminine. Don't fuss with full strips. Instead set yourself up with individual lash clusters, which feel like nothing on your lids. All you need is a pair of tweezers, a hand-held mirror and a little practice. Soon you'll be such a pro, you'll think nothing of applying them in the back of a cab. *grin* And the compliments you'll get... practice saying "thank you" with a sweet side glance.
6) Be prepared. I'm not including this because I was a Girl Guide. (Yep, I totes was. With badges and everything.) I'm including it because having a few staples stashed in my bag -- despite its extraordinary weight -- means I can sail through my day with a modicum of serenity, or at least in a good mood because I'm all set. A few of my must-haves in no particular order: absorbent coffee-shop napkins for oil blotting; hand cream; pens; laptop; four or five lip balms (I have a problem); sunscreen; individually wrapped feminine care (yes, Tampax Radiantâ„¢ protection); hair elastics, computer cords -- I'm stopping now while this is still sort of "a few."
7) Take this to heart:"It's not who you are that holds you back. It's who you think you're not." Maybe it's because I recently attended a seminar that featured a rock-star inspirational speaker, or maybe because I'm no stranger to killer self-doubt, but when I saw the above pithy saying scrawled on a poster, it hit home.
Of course being your best radiant self is about far more than beauty stuff -- makeup and skincare is icing. Radiance comes from knowing your strengths and living your life focused on them instead of insecurities. No surprise here: confidence is the source of your true radiance.
It's not who you are that holds you back.
It's who you think you're not.
Think about it. And shine on, Radiant You.
This is a sponsored post.
Enter to win ChickAdvisorâ€™s Girl on the Go contest happening this month for your chance to win a luxe bag, products from the AlwaysÂ® & TampaxÂ® Radiantâ„¢ collection, and other goodies.
*Contest ends July 17, 2012.Â Approximate retail value of prize is $300 CAD.Â Offer open to Canadian residents of the legal age of majority.Â Winners will be notified by email during the week of July 18, 2012.Â ChickAdvisor is the contest sponsor and has sole authority to award prizes or disqualify users for any reason.Â Click through for full contest rules.