My favourite eye makeup look of the year was the Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2011 face by Tom Pechaux for Estée Lauder. It inspired the makeup for The Kit's Winter issue, on our cover model Adrianne Ho of Ford Models.
For our shoot, makeup artist Anna Nenoiu (p1m.ca) went for a more intense finish than this silvery look. (See the end of this post for the list of Lauder products from the show.)
Here, Urban Decay eye primer was the first lid layer, followed by a winged layer of Make Up For Ever Aqua Black cream shadow, then topped with silver and black powder shadow. Black pencil liner finished the look.
Our quick how-to video :
Would you try either of these eye makeup approaches for New Year's Eve?
Estée Lauder makeup used at the Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2011 show:
* Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
* DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15
* Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10
* Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder
* Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer below cheek
* Pure Color Eyeshadows in Amazing Grey, Black Crystal, Polished Platinum
* Automatic Brow Pencil
* Nude Velvet Lipstick (limited)
Cover photography by Dan Lim. Hair & Makeup by Anna Nenoiu/p1m.ca. Styling by Vanessa Taylor. Manicure by Leeanne Colley/p1m.ca/Tips Nail Bar & Spa. Video by Laura Lanktree/llchemy.com. Derek Lam face chart via Estee Lauder.