I had a shatter-mani playdate with my sister the other day -- we were like a couple of kids, mucking about with a range of OPI's Shatter polishes as well as Essie's summer shades (which include two amazing oranges). I opted for White Shatter to go over my tangerine Axxium: Like!
Sister's had more time with shatter polish, as you'll see from a couple of images in the little slideshow below. But before that, some tips:
- A slow, thick application of shatter polish yields thick, chunky results
- A quicker, thinner application delivers a stringier effect, like the above
- Shatter polish means your base coat of polish doesn't have to be perfect
- If after a couple of days with your one-colour mani you chip your polish, a quick coat of Shatter can give it new life
- Top coat is essential to give the shatter (it's matte) more durability
- Shatter can camouflage a growing-out soak-off gel mani; apply clear top coat over the gel and let it dry before you apply the shatter
- Shatter polish comes in white, silver, turquoise, red, navy, and black
- Someone asked whether shatter manis could be worn by grown-ups. We say yes, absolutely, depending on where you work, which base+shatter shades you combine, and how you apply it.
Do you agree about adults rocking shatter manis? And re: Essie, I'm drawn to Braziliant of course, but Absolutely Shore has caught my interest, too. You?