Oy. The nerve of those Montreal Fashion Week beauty pros to do so many different looks. And with inexpensive hair and makeup product you can get in the same place you buy... Kleenex. And chocolate. With all the cash you have left over. (You can get a lotta chocolate).
This so-Springtime prettiness from Annie 50 is one of my favourites. I'm having brow envy over these 60s-esque extended, dramatic arches, defined yet still natural in a powder eyeshadow or brow-powder shade the colour of this model's highlights. And I love winged liner for its saucy sex appeal, whether or not it's of the international-runway moment.
The drugstore list:
- Eye Enhancer 3-Kit Eye Shadows in 105 CafÃ© au Lait (medium shade all over lid, darkest shade in the crease, lightest shade under the arch in the brow -- note that it follows the straight line of the brow extension)
- Line Exact Liquid Liner in 600 Very Black (Catherine Laniel, Creative Director of Makeup for Montreal Fashion Week, used liquid liner under the eyes, too, for fashion-show effect. You might prefer to use liquid liner along your top lashes, and either pencil or powder underneath. "Draw the line under your eyes first," says Catherine. Follow the natural shape along your lower lashline from inner corner to outer, extending the line past the corner. Then from that end point, "just switch direction and draw liner from that outer point along the upper lashline toward the inner corner of the upper lid. That way, you always get an uplifted winged effect instead of a droopy look." Practice, practice, practice, she adds. "We can do precise liner because we do it a lot. All you need to be your own expert is patience and practice."
- LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara in 800 Very Black (curl lashes first, of course)
- TruCheeks trio 3 (sweep the blush high along or just under the cheekbones for a contoured effect, which is more pronounced here with a dusting of the lightest shade from the CafÃ© au Lait 3-Kit Eye Shadow on the tops of the cheekbones)
- TruShine Lipcolor 470 Nude Shine
- Wetslicks Amazemint Lipgloss 640 Freedom of Peach
I'll get back to you with hair details -- I'm too keen to go try Catherine's winged-liner trick.
CoverGirl is available at drug, grocery and masss-market stores. Image courtesy of Jimmy Hamelin.