I had the best photo of David Babaii and me from the launch of his haircare line David Babaii for WildAid. It was one of my favourite best-buds-type shots, with David giving the camera a huge, awesome, campy wink. Then my harddrive died and my jpeg went with it. Well, Angelina Jolie's prettier than Babaii and me put together, so no matter.
The man behind Jolie's hair for the Oscars this year, Babaii sent out a blast of his tips for achieving the look yourself for your own special event. Bookmark â€™em -- this would be a lovely wedding â€™do.
Step A: Smoothing
1) To add texture and hold, spray entire head generously with David Babaii for WildAid Bohemian Beach Spray and scrunch into hair.
2) Section the top and sides of the hair out of your way and leave the back free. Smooth straight in small sections with a large round brush and a blowdryer with a nozzle attachment to focus the airflow. Repeat with the side sections.
3) At the crown, spray David Babaii for WildAid Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier at the roots then toward the tips. You want to add extra volume to this section, so use a jumbo round brush and pull hair straight up from scalp while blowdrying.
Step B: Curling
1) Section hair again to keep top and sides out of the way. Starting once again at the nape, use a curling iron with a one or two-inch barrel to create what Babaii calls "ribbon curls" in a movement similar to curling ribbon. Take a small vee-shaped section of hair and beginning close to the scalp, wind it around the iron's barrel. Let the clamp close over the barrel then pull the the iron down. Repeat until all hair is curled.
2) Brush some of the curls smooth while leaving some randoms intact. At the crown, back-brush (like back-combing but with an oval brush) hair near the scalp to create extra volume and spray a bit more Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier. Smooth surface of the hair gently so as not to undo the back-brushing.
Step 3: Half Up, Half Down
1) Brush the sides up and back and secure with pins.
2) Run fingers through the back from the scalp out to fluff a little.
3) Finish with an overall misting ofÂ David Babaii for WildAid Mise en Plis Light Styling Spray.
Then do like Jolie: wear a simple gown with star jewelry, and swan around with a hot escort all night. That's what I plan to do anyway.
Photos: WireImage. David Babaii for WildAid is available in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart. Visit db4wildaid.com for more info.
Geek out with fellow beautygeeks on FACEBOOK