If you're still thinking dramatic eye makeup is tricky to achieve, Chase Aston, international makeup artist for The Body Shop, says it ain't so. Using The Body Shop holiday collection's Sparkle Eye Palette 02 ($24.50), Aston, a master of the two-minute modern smokey eye, demonstrates:
1) Sweep silver shadow over lids from lashes to just above the crease.
2) Line upper lashlines with The Body Shop Eye Definer pencil in Black ($11). "You don't have to be terribly precise with this look," says Aston.
3) With the Eyeshadow Blender Brush ($18), blend a fat line of the palette's dark grey or dark blue shadow over the liner and into a sideways vee on the outer corners of the lids.
4) Line the inner rim of the lower lashes with the Eye Definer Pencil in Black.
5) For more festive pop, use a series of short strokes along the base of the upper lashes to line upper lids with light-catching Sparkle liquid Eyeliner in Ocean Green ($15.50).
6) Curl lashes and apply black mascara. Aston dusted Sparkle and Shimmer Powder Puff blush ($18) on cheeks, and finished by dabbing lips with The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain ($18) then Sparkle Lip Gloss 01 in Pink Sand ($16.50).
Tip: if you love sparkle, try Sparkle liquid Eyeliner in Starlight (silver) or Golden Sun all over the lid as a finishing touch.
Model, Rhian Owen.