At the 2015 Grammy Awards, Lady Gaga showed off her siren-songstress side with a glittering custom gown by Brandon Maxwell, flowing silvery hair and dramatic metallic smoky eyes. Here's the scoop on the makeup by celebrity artist Sarah Tanno, who used Shiseido for Lady Gaga's red-carpet look.
- Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask ($74 at sephora.ca and $68 at sephora.com), new Shiseido Bio-Performance Glow Revival Serum ($110 at thebay.com and $89 at shiseido.com) and Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Restoring Cream ($140 at sephora.ca and $99 at sephora.com) prepped Lady Gaga's skin pre-makeup.
- Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 17 ($45 at sephora.ca and $45 at sephora.com), "blended from the centre of the face out"
- Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector in Natural 103 ($32 at sephora.ca and $30 at sephora.com), under the eyes
- Shiseido Translucent Loose Powder ($42 at sephora.ca and $44 at sephora.com), to set and temper shine
- Shiseido Bronzer in Medium 2 ($40 at sephora.ca and $35 at sephora.com), to contour cheekbones slightly
- Shiseido MAQuillAGE Dramatic Mood Veil Blush in RD100, blended on cheeks for a "healthy, soft peach glow" (this shade is not yet available; Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in Starfish OR308 -- $38 at sephora.ca and $30 at sephora.com -- and Petal RD103 -- $38 at sephora.ca and $30 at sephora.com -- are alternatives)
For Lady Gaga's eyes, Sarah Tanno opted for a range of creamy metallic shadows and set the finish with powder shadow on top. She also exaggerated the shape with a dramatic wing at the outer corners, and false lashes.
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Tin SV810 ($29 at sephora.ca and $25 at sephora.com), all over lids
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mist WT901 ($29 at sephora.ca and $25 at sephora.com), on inner corners of eyes
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Caviar BK912 ($29 at sephora.ca and $25 at sephora.com), smudged along the lash lines and on the outer corners of the lids
- Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Lido GR412 ($40 at sephora.ca and $33 at sephora.com), over the cream shadow adds that sultry green
- Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil in Black BK901 ($23 at sephora.ca and $20 at sephora.com), generously applied on upper and lower lashlines and blended with the shadow underneath
- Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in Black BK901 ($30 at sephora.ca and $24 at sephora.com), two coats (and false lashes)
- Shiseido Smoothing Lip Pencil in Hazel BE701 ($22 at sephora.ca and $20 at sephora.com)
- Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in Carnelian RD309 ($25 at shiseido.com), apparently a favourite of Sarah Tanno's and Lady Gaga's too
shoppity shop shop shop
Is it weird that Lady Gaga's lip colour is my favourite part of her makeup? I like the eye makeup too -- I could use that shimmery cream eyeshadow in Tin -- but that lipstick is just lovely. You got thoughts?