For some, a bright red lip might be offputting pre-Valentine's Day makeout session. Or any makeout session, really. Unless it's a long-wear formula, bold lip colour has a habit of looking like a terribly awkward, tragic accident when it's smeared across two (or more -- no judgement) faces. If that sounds true to you, then this lovely doe-eyed look with sweetly natural lips on actress/presenter Katharine McPhee at last night's Grammy Awards is a nookie-encouraging option.
Celebrity makeup artist Lauren Andersen prettied Katharine's lips with Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Naturally Nude topped with Avon Ultra Glazewear in Nude. Alternatively, you could go with a sheer tinted balm, such as Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve (from $7.50 at sephora.ca and from $6 at sephora.com), or clear if you have naturally pigmented lips.
Here's what Lauren used to give Katharine McPhee her 2015 Grammys glow:
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation ($59 at sephora.ca and $48 at sephora.com) on skin
- Lorac Tantalizer Baked Bronzer ($33 at amazon.com) on cheeks
- Avon Eye Dimensions Eye Shadow in Khaki Chic ($10 at avon.ca and $9 at avon.com): the peachy gold on the lids and the taupe in the corners and along the lower lashlines.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Scorch ($24 at sephora.ca and $20 at sephora.com), a shimmery, sparkly copper bronze on upper and lower waterlines
- NEW Avon SuperExtend Winged Out Mascara in Blackest Black ($9.99 at avon.ca and $8 at avon.com)
- Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Naturally Nude ($10 at avon.ca and $8 at avon.com)
- Avon Ultra Glazewear in Nude ($8 at avon.ca and $6 at avon.com)