Lipstick Diary: What I Wore That Day

by Janine on 16 January 2014 · 12 comments

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Velvet Rose and Silky RedAfter seeing the Lipstick Diary post on Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Smooth Berry, reader Desirée wondered what the other Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream shades look like. So I put on the other two I have, Velvet Rose and Silky Red, and snapped a couple of shots.

essence stay matt lip cream in velvet rose

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream Velvet RoseI didn’t expect to like Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream Velvet Rose, but it’s pretty. I like the semi-matte finish; it’s a titch ’60s.

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Velvet RoseReminder: these lip creams are so comfortable to wear! Not drying at all. Kind of amazing for just $2.99 each.

essence stay matt lip cream in silky red

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream Silky RedEssence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Silky Red is a vibrant power shade.

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Silky RedRather amazing. I still prefer Smooth Berry — I’ll take a fuchsia tone over red every time because it’s a bit more youthful — but this is quite the wow red.

There is one more shade, a new one for Spring called Soft Nude, but I’d probably not ever wear it so I’ma leave it to you to imagine. *grin*

Whatcha think? Desirée?

Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream is available at select Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada; for US retailers visit essence.eu and check the store finder.

{ 1 trackback }

Joe Fresh Spring 2014 Makeup (Liquid Lipstick! Mousse Blush!) - BEAUTYGEEKS
6 February 2014 at 5:09 pm

Gauri 16 January 2014 at 8:58 am

Wow Janine, ♥ both the shades, one subtle & one defined :)

Liz 16 January 2014 at 11:39 am

I just picked up Smooth Berry and agree — these are pretty awesome!

Janine 16 January 2014 at 11:45 am

I just love that shade! Bet it looks amazing on you!

Mascara mom 16 January 2014 at 2:17 pm

Ouch! I hadn’t the chance to get the first one, and now you put up pics of these…at this price and pigment point, i want all of these creams! Haf, haf, hafta go and get these ASAP…before your posts cause a shortage of these!

Janine 17 January 2014 at 7:23 am

Hah ha! Enjoy them, lady!!

Desirée 16 January 2014 at 10:52 pm

Ooooh, I like them both! I feel like I’d like to franken-colour the Silky Red and the Smooth Berry together too… :) The Velvet Rose is a lovely “your-lips-but-better” shade. Gosh, I need to make a trek to a Shoppers! Thanks so much for the swatches!!! Still can’t believe these are only three dollars!

Janine 17 January 2014 at 7:22 am

Franken-colour — love that term, Desirée. And my pleasure. These were such a great surprise on this side of the screen, too! Happy shopping!

Mascara mom 18 January 2014 at 8:06 pm

Ok, so i found meself the berry one, there are only three shades of these…at least in the SDM I went to, just for this. The rose was to boring, the red required a level of lip color courage I lack…and the berry was just perfect…loving it! Wearing it right now; next time perhaps I would step out of my home with it on!

Janine 19 January 2014 at 12:05 am

I don’t think the Soft Nude is in stores yet; the Stay Matt comes in only four shades so far. Am so glad you got Smooth Berry, though. I think it’s the best shade!

Now you need to tweet a photo of yourself wearing Smooth Berry — the compliments will help get you out the door with it on!

Danielle 29 January 2014 at 11:23 am

Had to stop by to say that I bought all three because of this post and I’m in love. So long lasting and not even the slightest bit drying!

Janine 29 January 2014 at 5:47 pm

Thanks for your note, Danielle! They’re just so good; I’m so glad you like them. xo