Essie Spring 2014: Essie Hide & Go Chic Sneak Peek + Flare or Flair?

by Janine on 13 January 2014 · 10 comments

Essie Spring 2014_Essie Hide & Go ChicNot two weeks after Essie Resort Fling showed itself, the first Essie Spring 2014 collection images have seeped onto the Internet. This is Essie Hide & Go Chic, a fetching set of winter’s-finally-over-yaaaaay shades set to hit this coming April.

Essie Spring 2014_Essie Hide & Go Chic_Style Hunter_Spin the Bottle_Truth or FlareThese first three Essie Spring 2014 polishes are Style Hunter, Spin the Bottle, and Truth or Flare (we wonder whether Essie meant “flair,” which is completely different from “flare”).

Essie Spring 2014_Essie Hide & Go Chic_Romper Room_Fashion Playground_Hide & Go ChicRomper Room, Fashion Playground, and Hide & Go Chic round out the Essie Hide & Go Chic collection.

Whatcha think? Flare or Flair?

Bunny 13 January 2014 at 1:02 pm

The game is Truth or Dare, so the polish is Truth or Flare. Lol, who can forget playing?

Janine 13 January 2014 at 5:51 pm

That’s as reasonable a supposition as any, Bunny. I’m just curious whether they mean Flair as in “panache,” or Flare as in “the cut of your pants.” *grin*

Jenn 19 January 2014 at 3:15 pm

I think they mean Flare as in a flash of light or dazzle…so truth or dazzle!

Janine 19 January 2014 at 3:17 pm

Ha hah! I like that angle, Jenn. I really should ask ‘em.

Sharon M.T. 24 March 2014 at 4:53 am

This is what Essie dot com describes it as: ‘sexy. fun. totally glamorous. vintage blue denim fits perfectly, honestly, these jeans always make you look fab.’. So I guess it does refer to the cut-of-your-pants… Or should I say jeans? :)

Lisa 13 January 2014 at 1:21 pm

Fashion Playground looks a lot like Mint Candy Apple in these shots.

Janine 13 January 2014 at 5:50 pm

It does, doesn’t it, Lisa? I’m not a fan of pick-up art generally because the colour representation is often a bit off. Romper Room is pale in some images, and almost neon in others. Won’t know the real shades until we get hands on the actual product, and even then the colour gets twisted from computer screen to computer screen. Oy.

Jennifer 20 February 2014 at 11:06 pm

They meant flare. They compare the color to denim in the description.

Janine 21 February 2014 at 6:45 am

Likely you’re right, Jennifer. My grammar-geek side just had to ask. Flare and flair get mixed up all the time here now on account one of the biggest fashion magazines in Canada is called Flare, the spelling of which they decided upon because it looks better visually. That it also works as a magazine title for fashion was a happy coincidence.

NailCentric 25 February 2014 at 10:47 am

Hm, nothing extraordinary in these colors from Essie this spring. We’ve seen them all but I must admit I am secretly happy when colors in seasonal collections are nothing special because I get sad whe they get discontinued or hard to find :)