Press Preview: MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes in Warm Neutral and Cool Neutral

by Janine on 6 January 2014 · 11 comments

MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palettesSo one of your resolutions for 2014 is Toss All Those Eye Shadows You’ve Had Since High School, right? If yes, you’ll need to be smart about replacing your old stuff — you want quality and versatility in a convenient, organized format. Two MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palettes launching later this week will fit that bill.

mac eye shadow x 15 palette in warm neutral

MAC Eye Shadow x 15_warm neutral paletteA variety of textures expertly co-ordinated in a collection of warm neutrals and a collection of cool neutrals, the new MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palettes ($120 each) are ideal for neutral eye-shadow junkies. Above: MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palette in Warm Neutral.

MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palette in warm neutralThey’re also a smart investment, especially if you’re replacing a stash of 642 eye shadows you’ve had since it was cool to wear Jordache jeans. Heck, I’m seriously considering picking these palettes up for myself, and I rarely wear eye shadow. Above: MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palette in Warm Neutral.

MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palette_warm neutralWarm Neutral top row:  Hey, metallic coral (Veluxe Pearl); Warm Breeze, pastel coral (Satin); Gingersnap, deep rosy pink (Frost); Dark Brew, deep chocolate with pink pearl (Veluxe); Dance In The Dark, dark brown (Matte)
Middle:  Brule, soft creamy beige (Satin); Vanilla Extract, soft warm yellow beige (Frost); Honey Lust, bronze-dipped peach (Lustre); Amber Lights, peachy-brown with shimmer (Frost); Saddle, golden orange brown (Matte)
Bottom:  Lemon Tart, metallic gold (Veluxe Pearl); Butterfudge, mid-tone mocha with gold pearl (Satin); Creative Copper, frosted gold (Lustre); Unwind, dirty olive (Veluxe Pearl); Divine Decadence, soft bronze (Velvet)

mac eye shadow x 15 palette in cool neutral

MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palette cool neutralThought about posting just one photo of each MAC Eye shadow x 15 palette, but some shades look quite different depending on how the light hits them. So, photo overload. Above: MAC Eye shadow x 15 Palette in Cool Neutral.

MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palette_the cool neutralsCool Neutral top row: Flounce, chalky white pink (Matte); Sweet Allure, soft light pink (Satin); Sun Tweaked, soft frosty coral (Satin); After Dusk, mid-tone rosy pink with pearl (Veluxe Pearl); Blackberry, muted burgundy-plum brown (Matte)
Middle: Pick Me Up, pale ivory (Matte); Cozy Grey, cool grey (Matte); Crushed Clove, mid-tone gold olive (Frost); Deception, chocolate gold (Frost); Stalactite, muted blackish brown (Satin)
Bottom: Silver Fog, white with silver pearl (Lustre); French Clay, white grey frost (Frost); Cumulus, mid-tone grey charcoal (Frost); Pearled Earth, deep blue grey (Veluxe Pearl); Black Tied, black with silver sparkle (Velvet)

MAC Eye Shadow x 15_palette_cool neutralThe MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes will be available at at maccosmetics.com and MAC Pro stores January 9th, and at all MAC counters in March. Above: MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palette in Cool Neutral.

If I had to choose just one MAC Eye Shadow x 15 palette, I’d go with warm. Does either of these call to you? Or do both?

{ 1 trackback }

MAC NEUTRALS PALETTES |
8 January 2014 at 11:21 am

Anita Smith 6 January 2014 at 9:26 am

I would take all of them lol! I love MAC

Janine 6 January 2014 at 5:07 pm

A woman after my own heart — you go, Anita!

Lindsay 6 January 2014 at 3:11 pm

Ahhh, so nice. I already own Urban Decay Naked 2 and a nice Kat Von D neutral palette and I’m having a baby and everything but still. So pretty to look at.

Janine 6 January 2014 at 5:14 pm

I like the Urban Decay Nakeds palettes, but they do seem quite the shimmery. These tempt me because they have a nice mix of textures that suit all ages. And I just found another lovely neutrals palette I think is a must — posting about it tomorrow or the day after! Choices, right??

Natasha 6 January 2014 at 5:10 pm

They’re pretty palettes but I won’t get them. 1. I feel like everyone and their mother have come out with neutral palettes in the last year and I now own more neutral colours then I know what to do with. 2. I find (and this is just my personal opinion) that it’s very hit or miss with MAC shadows. I’d have to physically go into the store and stick my fingers in every colour and play.
So though I do think they look lovely, I’ll be skipping this. Nice sleek packaging!

Janine 7 January 2014 at 3:16 pm

You’re right, Natasha, neutral palettes are everywhere right now — I have a small pile on my desk! But I can’t help being seduced by beautifully co-ordinated arrays. It’s like watching dancers moving on stage in perfect unison: moments of harmony that rarely exist in everyday life. *grin*

Natasha 7 January 2014 at 5:00 pm

Oh gosh, you have such a way with words. ;) Who am I to judge all these neutral palettes? I probably own 20 of the same shade of pink lipstick – all from different brands.
I enjoy the warm neutral if I had to choose! It reminds me of a hot rainy night in the middle of summer. Truth.

Janine 7 January 2014 at 5:15 pm

1) You are the architect of your own wallet, and as such you have to judge anything you’d consider purchasing. So judge away!
2) You have a way with words yourself — a hot rainy night in the middle of summer? Yes, please. And not just because we’re living in cryogenic stasis right now thanks to this hideous winter. *grin*

Amanda Koker 12 January 2014 at 6:15 am

I’d like to get them both eventually, but the warm one is going onto the shopping cart at the end of Jan. it took me a year and about 3x the money to build my own palette and this warm nie us everything I want and more.

Lisa 26 March 2014 at 4:54 pm

sad the pictures are so crooked .. can´t see a thing :/