Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy: Kiss Gel Fantasy Ready to Wear Gel Nails

by Karen Falcon on 6 January 2014 · 7 comments

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy boxHallo, Pretties! Here’s something you won’t see me do very often. In fact, this is the very first time I’ve ever had something on my nails that wasn’t painted on by hand. It’s new and it’s from Kiss. Okay, it’s Kiss Gel Fantasy Ready to Wear Gel nails.

kiss gel fantasy ready to wear gel nails

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy_boxThe Kiss Gel Fantasy Ready to Wear Gel box comes with the nails (in a whole bunch of different sizes), some glue and some sticky tabs for application (you get a choice of which you prefer to use), a mini file, and a manicure stick. I chose to use the sticky tabs because glue scares me. I tell ya what, the sticky tabs STICK.

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy box againWhile I don’t love the shape, I like the shade (Painted Veil), the gel-like finish, and the fact they fit my nails fairly well. Kiss Gel Fantasy Ready to Wear Gel press-on nails are quick to put on, and less quick to take off (which is good). Wearing them is kind of a weird feeling. My fingertips felt somehow heavy and the nails do look fake but who cares – it’s fun and fast in 15 minutes.

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy swatch maniI wore these Kiss Gel Fantasy Nails in Painted Veil for a full day and probably could have gone for at least a couple more (package says up to seven days).

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy swatchesAt the end of my day, I slowly lifted them off by the corner and revealed my perfect nail beds underneath. I then peeled off the goop from the backs and stuck my fake nails back in the box. If I want to I can wear them again, but I’ll have to use the glue because my stickies are all gone.

Kiss Nails Gel Fantasy arrayKiss Gel Fantasy Ready to Wear Gel nail kits ($10.99 each at Walmart, London Drugs, Jean Coutu and Target) will come in six shades/designs with short and medium length options. They’re great for hiding a busted nail and they’re great for a nail-art mani in a jiffy. Look for them in February.

What are your thoughts? Wouldya?

Application ’n photos by Karen Falcon (she really doesn’t like salad). ©2014 BEAUTYGEEKS/imabeautygeek.com.

Janine 6 January 2014 at 8:43 pm

I see what you did there, Geek! *giggle*

meredith 6 January 2014 at 8:47 pm

hmmm these are a maybe for me. Like maybe if I got invited to something amazing last minute, I would. They still look like press-ons though, and I can see that edge of the nail that’s just “not-quite-real.”

Meh.

I do like the designs though.

Janine 7 January 2014 at 6:30 pm

Definitely handy for a last-minute thing and maybe low light. *grin*

Desirée 7 January 2014 at 6:36 pm

I like press/glue-on nails for special occasions. :) They will definitely last a full night and (for once) all my nails are the same shape! I have a hard time finding ones that are the right size though… either too wide or too short. But I have loose ones from kits that I use to cover broken nails, glad to see I’m not the only one that does that!!

Lindsay 9 January 2014 at 11:03 am

Once upon a time, when I wasn’t pregnant and my nails were weak and useless and I had to cut them all off, I tried the Broadway Impress nails and they were pretty fun. They also come with the sticky tabs that are major sticky.

I think these are great for funsies! But I’m not sure I could handle them for more than a day either.

Carly 21 May 2014 at 10:34 am

I bought these nails to try out and probably would not buy them again. I usually buy 100 nails by kiss and paint them myself but I had seen these and the pattern looked funky, they pretty much cost the same but you get 24 nails. I found the nail to be very thick like acrylic and very long, they said medium length, they need lots of filing down to make them more real looking, I bought the rainbow with sparkles. I also find the nail is wider at the cuticle end and the tip more narrow. Honestly they looked dumb being so long and looked so fake. One thing for sure is they definitely are shiny.

Rebecca Townsend 1 July 2014 at 3:52 pm

I love these nails, best press-ons ever, with great hold. I prefer the glue, I find if you place them right outside the nailbed that they look natural. When you go to the salon they never apply to the nailbed. @Carly, the style of nail, large around the base and slender at the tip is called stiletto. The style is currently very trendy.