Lipstick Diary: What I Wore That Day

by Janine on 27 December 2013 · 10 comments

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_Fresh & Frisky_Out for Passion_What a Feeling! the swatchesThese feel good. An excellent new hybrid gloss/balm/lipstick formula, they make lips feel soft, smooth, plump and pretty. Although they’re not the punchiest of colours, I kinda dig these three sweet shades from the MAC Huggable Lipcolour collection hitting stores next week.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_What a Feeling_Out for Passion_Fresh & FriskyMAC Huggable Lipcolour ($24 CAN/$20 USd) in What a Feeling!, Out for Passion, and Fresh & Frisky. MAC Huggable Lipcolour promises shiny, moisturizing colour that “hugs” lips for up to six hours. The gel-based colour goes on with a bit of waxy pull, but quickly becomes more glide-y for a smooth, not-sticky glossy finish.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_What a Feeling! swatchMAC Huggable Lipcolour in What a Feeling!, described as a “mid-tone cool pink.”

MAC Huggable  Lipcolour Out for Passion swatchMAC Huggable Lipcolour in Out for Passion, described as “soft warm rose.” My favourite out of these three.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_Fresh & Frisky swatchMAC Huggable Lipcolour in Fresh & Frisky, “soft neutral peach.”

MAC Huggable LipcolourAll cream shades, the MAC Huggable Lipcolour collection consists of 12 colours. They absolutely deliver on lip conditioning and comfort, and they last nicely, too. Also: I’m older than 40, so I figure I can recommend Huggable Lipcolour as suitable for other 40+ women. So there.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_Feeling Amorous-MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Feeling Amorous? is described as a mid-tone fuchsia — I need it.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_CommotionMAC Huggable Lipcolour in Commotion, described as a deep cool plum. Pretty.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour_Cherry GlazeMAC Huggable Lipcolour in Cherry Glaze, described as “orange red.” I need this one, too.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour ingredientsMAC Huggable Lipcolour ingredients, in case you were wondering.

MAC Huggable Lipcolour will be available at MAC boutiques, counters and at maccosmetics.com as of January 2nd, 2014.

Any Huggable colours speaking to you?

{ 1 trackback }

MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil: Lip Color Love & Swatches
2 April 2014 at 8:58 am

Natasha 27 December 2013 at 6:52 pm

DROOLING for Cherry Glaze.

Janine 28 December 2013 at 12:25 am

And the texture is amazing, Natasha. My lips feel so pillowy and smooth, even after the colour’s worn off from eating and drinking. Feeling Amorous? and Cherry Glaze will both be mine.

Natasha 28 December 2013 at 10:12 am

Janine, both Feeling Amorous? and Cherry Glaze are great picks. If I were to only pick one though, I feel Cherry Glaze would win. It looks like it would be wonderful on a summer’s night out. Texture wise, how are they compared to the MAC Sheen Supreme Lipsticks? I know the Sheen’s pack a punch of colour and you say these aren’t as bold, but is it JUST as creamy? I’m always worried my Sheen’s are going to just melt on the spot because they’re so creamy. I’m rambling now.

Janine 1 January 2014 at 4:51 pm

I totally understand your choice! In terms of texture, these feel more like balms than they do creamy lipstick. The Huggables are slightly weird and waxy at first touch to the lips, but they very quickly soften to glide as you apply.

And the treatment aspect of the Huggables is rather a wonder — my sister-in-law was getting tired of my constant marvelling the day I tried them. “These feel amaaaazing,” I kept saying. I have to get her one now to make up for my going on and on.

Natasha 3 January 2014 at 3:29 pm

I MAY have passed a MAC today. I MAY have swatched every colour and then bought Cherry Glaze. I MAY love Cherry Glaze on it’s own but also underneath a red lip liner. MAY. Love. I blame you and also thank you for pointing out these new Huggables. ;)

Janine 4 January 2014 at 12:42 am

I MAY be quite tickled that you MAY now own and MAY love a Huggable Lipstick in Cherry Glaze. Doesn’t it make your lips feel happy?? xoxo

Joy 31 December 2013 at 9:22 pm

Janine, I’ve been reading your Lipstick Diary posts for a while now and I can only conclude that you make *all* lipsticks look good! Truth.

Happy new year to you and the rest of the Beauty Geeks!

Janine 1 January 2014 at 4:46 pm

Hi Joy — ha ha! Kind of you to say, thank you!

Happy new year to you, too, and thank you so much for reading! xoxo

NailCentric 25 February 2014 at 10:49 am

I love Fresh & Frisky, it looks so natural but has some glamour to it.