Dior Holiday 2013: Diorific Vernis & Jewel Manicure Duo Swatched & Stunning

by Karen Falcon on 13 December 2013 · 12 comments

Dior Holiday 2013_Dior Diorific Vernis

Ha! Geeky sister is still away so it’s yet another fantastical nail polish swatch-fest (when Staff gets around to building the post). Wheee!!! What’s up today? Christian Dior Holiday 2013 Diorific Vernis from the Golden Winter collection. And wow.

I’m wordy. I like words. Christian Dior Holiday 2013 Diorific Vernis deserve so many words. Beautiful in every way. From bottle to brush to finish, we’re talking luxury. But let’s not talk anymore. Let’s just look. While we’re lookin’, let’s remember that each picture is worth at least 1000 words of love.

dior holiday 2013: dior diorific vernis

Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Frimas 1Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Frimas 2

Dior Diorific Vernis in Frimas ($27 at Hudson’s Bay stores). Dior Gel Coat Top Coat ($25 at Sephora, Hudson’s Bay stores).

Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in MarilynDior Diorific Vernis in Marilyn ($27 at Sephora, Hudson Bay stores)

Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Marilyn 2Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Marilyn 1

Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Minuit 1Dior Diorific Vernis in Minuit ($27 at Hudson’s Bay stores)

Dior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Vernis in Minuit 2

dior holiday: diorific jewel manicure duo

Dior Holiday Diorific Duo_Jewel Manicure DuoDior Diorific Jewel Manicure Duo ($40 at Hudson’s Bay stores) polish + teeny “caviar” beads.

Dior Holiday Diorific Duo_Jewel Manicure InstructionsDior Holiday 2013 Dior Diorific Jewel Manicure Duo 2

So there you are. About a bajillion words about Christian Dior Diorific Vernis and Diorific Jewel Manicure Duo. It reads just like a love story, doesn’t it?

Photos’n manicures by Karen Falcon (Diorific Marilyn is her new Best. Red. Ever.) ©2013 BEAUTYGEEKS/imabeautygeek.com

Janine 14 December 2013 at 12:54 pm

Seems to me that Diorific Vernis — at least the polishes if not the fussy caviar-style thing (as pretty as it is) — is the most gift-worthy nail polish of the season. Agree, mani-geek? I put Anna Sui as a close second, depending on the age and personality of the intended recipient. Yes?

Karen Mani-Geek 14 December 2013 at 1:07 pm

Hmmm… interesting question..

I’ve had fingers in SO many polishes this holiday season that I’d be wicked hard-pressed to pick a favourite. There’s lots.

This Diorific Vernis is 109% beautiful. I’m especially taken with Marilyn. I slapped it on, showed Nick my hands, and said “whaddaya think?”. His response? “Your hands look like money. Like you’re just dripping in money”. It’s so incredibly sophisticated in colour and shine. He hadn’t even seen the bottle!

And Anna Sui Minnie Mouse – man, I’d want that too and my age and personality are the same as the “woman” in me that love the Dior. S’a tricky question to be sure.

And the OPI Top This Trio – I’d want that too. I can’t choose!!! I can’t!!!!

Gimmie ALL.

Lisa 16 December 2013 at 1:50 pm

I agree! The gold bubbly bottles and colours are SO PRETTY.

Maggie 14 December 2013 at 1:21 pm

Your review of the Dior Jewel Manicure Duo was great! Are the caviar beads hard to remove?

Karen Mani-Geek 14 December 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hiya Maggie!

Most excellent question! The answer is no – they’re not hard to remove. They’re not hard to apply either. The tricky part is waiting for it all to dry. If you don’t wait long enough (or use a thick enough second coat of polish), then the beads will start to pop off within minutes of you touching something. I’d say to give it all a good solid hour of doing nothing to allow it all to set up nicely enough so you can get a decent night of wear out if it.

And then, when you do go to remove it, let the remover-soaked cotton pad sit on the nail for a good 10-15 seconds to allow the remover time go get beneath the beads so you can pretty much slide the stuff in just a couple swipes of the pad.

It’s really beautiful stuff, huh? Get it while you can!!

K.

Pjab 14 December 2013 at 4:58 pm

Those caviar beads. Wow! Crazy wow.

Karen Mani-Geek 15 December 2013 at 2:21 am

The whole collection is awesome sauce! The Diorific Duo really is Crazy wow!

Melody 14 December 2013 at 9:41 pm

That Marilyn is a stunner!

Karen Mani-Geek 15 December 2013 at 2:22 am

I know! It’s my new Best.Red.Ever. EVER!!!!

Ana 16 December 2013 at 6:02 am

I prefer the red one.

Karen Mani-Geek 16 December 2013 at 9:12 am

It really is stunning – excellent choice for preferred shade, Ana! I agree wholeheartedly!

Tania 9 January 2014 at 2:56 pm

Dior Diorific Jewel Manicure Duo – Gorgeous !!