Mani Monday: Pretty in Pink Nail Polish, Late-Summer Edition

by Karen Falcon on 12 August 2013 · 12 comments

Pink nail polish_Pretty in Pink part II_Sephora Purple WineWe can’t be the only ones doing everything we can to prolong our summer season. Technically it stretches into late September, so we have at least four weeks left, right? (Let’s hope Mother Nature plays nice.) So let’s look to hot, happy, outrageously girly pink nail polish as a waning-summer antidote.

Pink nail polish_La CC 1950La CC — La Couleur Couture Nail Lacquer in 1950 ($14, kissandmakeupstore.com): A creamy rosy shade that dries quickly, this sweet pink nail polish is a vegan formula.

Pink nail polish_Maybelline New York Color Show_Crushed CandyMaybelline New York Color Show in 180 Crushed Candy ($3.99, drugstores and mass retailers): A super-bright, shimmery shade that triggers smiles.

Pink nail polish_Sephora Purple WineSephora + Pantone Universe Spectral Lacquer in Purple Wine (now $5, sephora.ca): A Gimme-That colour, the best holographic pink of the summer.  Maybe best holographic pink ever.

Pink nail polish_Nicole A Like-Haley Story...Nicole by OPI A Like-Haley Story…, from the Modern Family Collection ($10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart): Shiny. It’s shiny with tiny iridescent bits for a little bling.

Pink nail polish_Maybelline New York Color Show_Chiffon ChicMaybelline New York Color Show in 85 Chiffon Chic ($3.99, drugstores and mass retailers): Now I just want cotton candy.

Pink nail polish_Essie_The Girls are OutEssie The Girls are Out from the Naughty Nautical Collection ($11 if you can find it anywhere): Fuchsia with a twinkle — stunning on toes!

Pink nail polish_part IIYay, pink!

For Essie fans, we have hands on Essie Winter 2013 — the Essie Shearling Darling Collection. Stay tuned… September 1st.

Manis ’n photos by Karen Falcon (she has a fish-shaped letter opener).

Lisa 12 August 2013 at 12:34 pm

All very pretty!

Janine 12 August 2013 at 12:40 pm

I love that they’re all punchy shades — no wishy-washy colours. Given my love for fuchsia, one might think those would be my favourites out of this bunch, but I’m really into the La Couleur Couture 1950 and Nicole by OPI. Ladylike, but with definite personality. Love.

Ange 12 August 2013 at 2:08 pm

Pretty in pink is right… so much prettiness! The La CC is my favourite.

Janet 12 August 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love the solid pink! The shiny one is perfect because its the right amount of shine and color, no annoying big pieces of glitter everywhere. I will definitely share this with my daughter and have a girl’s day

YouLookHotToday 13 August 2013 at 1:41 am

If I had to pink just one (ha! pink! see what I did there?), it’d be the Sephora Purple Wine. Man, that polish has awesome holographic-ness – from pink to blue just in the way the light hits it – it’s wicked great.

Desirée 13 August 2013 at 2:47 am

Okay, I’m not a huge fan of pink polishes. :) But I did get the “Exotic Dragon Fruit” colour from the last “pink” post and I put it under a temperature reactive topcoat ( it turns black when under 33 degrees celsius) and I LOVE it!!!! Don’t really know what else to say other than I love your summer suggestions. :) Can’t wait to see what else comes up for Fall, as that’s usually my colour season. Thanks!

K Falcon 13 August 2013 at 8:50 am

Desiree,
What is this temperature reactive topcoat and where can I get it? I might need that!

And not to worry, more fall is on the way! I’ve got a bunch of stuff starting to roll out as of next week’s Mani Monday. The Essie Shearling Darling Collection Winter 2013 is still too über-new to publish but it’s in the works here in mani-land and is coming soon to BeautyGeeks.

I’m glad you love Exotic Dragon Fruit – I love it too! Keep it tightly closed and keep it forever – it’s one of the best in-your-eyeballz pinks ever.

ps. If you love the Exotic Dragon Fruit, you’ll probably really dig the Sephora + Pantone Universe Spectral Light Purple Wine – I keep them right next to each other in my favourites collection.

Desirée 13 August 2013 at 1:52 pm

I got it on Etsy, from a store called InDecisive Lacquer. The gal running it is just awesome and I own most of her polishes. :) The ones I have are all called “Ichor” and they come in black, blue, purple and pinky-red. They are all clear when warm and pretty opaque colours when cold…. really neat!! I’m always sticking my fingers under running water to see them change. lol

Janine 13 August 2013 at 3:10 pm

Oh my — that sounds totally cool, Desirée. Thanks so much for letting us know about that!!

LoriM 13 August 2013 at 8:38 am

I love a bright pink polish with a bit of blue flash! I like Essie’s Super Bossa Nova, just a bit of sparkle to it.

K Falcon 13 August 2013 at 8:55 am

Lori, I agree with enthusiasm! Essie Super Bossa Nova is a GREAT pink.

oliver 19 November 2013 at 11:33 am

hey girls even boys like me love to wear pink and purple nail polish