Mani Monday: Feeling the Summer Blues

by Karen Falcon on 8 July 2013 · 9 comments

Gelish mini Ocean Wave and L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Top Coat in Confetti aka The SparkliciousRide the wave of made-you-look blue nail polish for summer 2013. Our four favourites include this opaque, in-your-face crystalline blue.

In seven days of wear, this mani’s male/female compliment ratio = a solid 1:1. It’s Gelish Mini Soak-Off Gel Polish in Ocean Wave ($14.95, sallybeauty.com) — with a couple of coats of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Top Coat in Confetti, aka The Sparklicious ($7.99, drugstores and mass retailers). This top coat is going super-sonic. If you see it, buy it, STAT. You can thank me later. (Kids love it too; see Sparklicious kiddie manis here.)

Avon Cosmic Nail Enamel in GalaxySuch a pretty holographic for summer. When the light hits it, it’s so sparkly, it makes me dizzy. From the Avon Celestial Summer Collection 2013, Avon Cosmic Nail Enamel in Galaxy ($6, avon.ca).

Clinique Nail Enamel in Splish SplashCreated with sensitive skin in mind, this royal blue jelly polish brings more compliments from dudes than from ladies. True story. Clinique A Different Nail Enamel in Splish Splash (limited edition, $14, clinique.com). By the way, if you haven’t tried a Clinique polish yet, you should — it’s good stuff.

Nicole by OPI in Blue-Berry Sweet On YouA matte texture polish that dries quickly and requires no top coat, this looks like blue sugar. Who doesn’t like sugar? From the limited-edition Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection coming in August 2013, Nicole by OPI in Blue-Berry Sweet on You ($11, nicolebyopi.com).

Best blue nail polish summer 2013You feelin’ any of these summer blues?

Manicures and photos by Karen Falcon. (She’s nice.)

The Best Pink Nail Polish Summer 2013
15 July 2013 at 12:36 pm
Splatter Top Coats, Graffiti Top Coats, Maybelline Street Art - BEAUTYGEEKS
30 January 2014 at 9:44 am

Poonam 8 July 2013 at 9:18 am

Lady, that Gelish colour is out of control awesome!

Janine 8 July 2013 at 9:50 am

It’s kind of killer, right? THAT’s how you do the summer blues, Mother Nature. #sickofrain

YouLookHotToday 8 July 2013 at 10:35 am

I adore blue polish. I’ve always adored blue polish. I also just adore polish in general.

But, on the subject of blue polish, I’ve heard several people say that blue is for youths and that over-30′s shouldn’t be seen sporting blue. I disagree. I disagree very hugely on a gigantically grand scale. I say if you like it, wear it. If you get a good manicure, get a shape that flatters, and get a colour that makes you smile, you win. Ain’t nuthin’ wrong with winning. If blue makes you smile, then blue is good. Age schmage. Yay, blue!

Lisa 8 July 2013 at 12:13 pm

I can’t pick a favourite blue out of the bunch, and that Maybelline topcoat is nothing short of amazing.

Janine 8 July 2013 at 12:58 pm

They’re so good, aren’t they Lisa? That’s the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche top coat, by the way — in Europe it’s called Confetti; in Canada it’s called The Sparklicious. It’s amazing! Maybelline NY has a similar version called Polkadots, and it comes in coloured polish (the L’Oreal Paris version is clear).

Beautiful and lovely 8 July 2013 at 5:47 pm

I love Nicole by OPI in Blue-Berry Sweet on You. I tried it and its awesome.
Apart from it , I love the content of your blog. You may check mine at http:/beautifulandlovely.com . I hope you will find it good with all beauty and fashion information.

Lori 9 July 2013 at 10:40 am

Aw man, is that L’Oreal topcoat UK/Canada only??