Welcome Wagon: La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 is FINALLY in Canada

by Janine on 6 June 2013 · 10 comments

beautiful skinBeautygeek Liza (pronounced LEEZA) Herz and I have been waiting near breathlessly for this since she returned from a Paris jaunt with precious tubes of La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 for Cranky Beauty Pants and me (best souvenir gift ever), plus insider intel that a Canadian launch was somewhere in its future. It’s about a year later, and that time is nearly now. This August 21st, La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 finally hits our drugstore shelves. And you’ll want to snap up a tube or two as soon as you can.

If you don’t already know why Cicaplast Epidermal Repair ointment ($19, well.ca) is a must-have, read about its incredible speed-heal ability here, and here, and here, and here.

We love the Baume version even more for its light cream texture, which makes it a go-to as a calming happy-skin moisturizer as well as a quick-fix for ouchies, irritations, and sensitive/reactive complexions. In addition to Cicaplast’s amazing healing properties, this formula includes a dose of panthenol to boost its soothing ability.

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume b5I especially love the Baume on long flights. When the lights dim for traveller sleepy-time (best-case scenario: empty seats either side so I have a modicum of privacy), out comes my micelle cleanser, dreamy Shiseido cotton pads, refreshing facial mist, and Cicaplast Baume B5. I cleanse my face, spray with moisture, and on damp skin apply a generous layer of Baume as a hydrating mask to wear until we’re about a half hour from landing. Then I do a quick repeat of the cleanse + spray routine, apply a lighter Cicaplast Baume layer as moisturizer, and disembark with a fresh, even complexion. Lisa Eldridge is a fan of Cicaplast Baume too; it’s part of her much-more-involved in-flight spa routine, detailed here.

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 ($15.99, Shoppers Drug Mart) must already be available in the US; a product description appears conveniently on larocheposay.com, whereas it’s not yet on the Canadian site.

August 21st. Mark your calendar, Canadians. You’ll love this stuff too. Trust.

Detangling Brushes and Richard Ward, Hairstylist to Kate Middleton, The Duchess of Cambridge - imabeautygeek.com
20 June 2013 at 10:26 am
SOS Summer Skincare for Bites, Sunburn, Oily Skin and SPF over Makeup
19 July 2013 at 9:33 am
Sore-Nose Savers: Soothing + Healing a Cold-Shredded Nose -BEAUTYGEEKS
7 March 2014 at 6:39 pm
French Pharmacy 2.0 Beauty Finds Plus - BeautyGeeks
2 September 2014 at 2:22 pm

Desiree 6 June 2013 at 10:35 pm

Any idea how this works on facial eczema?? I have some terrible red, dry flaking by my nose and down toward my chin and I have been trying to find something besides my usual routine of tea tree, vitamin E, shea butter and lip balm (Yes, on my face and in that order) to cut down the flaking. :)

Janine 7 June 2013 at 1:19 am

Hi Desiree,

I certainly think Cicaplast Baume is worth a try. You might also want to consider Consonant Body HydrExtreme serum. It’s a very simple natural formula with glycerin and cassia angustifolia seed extract, and has fans who swear it’s helped clear up their eczema, too.

Ange 17 June 2013 at 1:17 pm

I’m going to try it — how could I not?

Joanne Latimer (@SinusSister) 25 June 2013 at 9:29 am

SOLD! Thanks Janine and Liza, pronounced Leza.

Jay 1 October 2014 at 6:08 pm

Hi, this is actually a product destined to heal (surgical) scars – check its name, it’s quite obvious – cica from the French cicatrice, meaning scar. I used it after surgery. And you definitely should not use it as lightly as you do, as a beauty product. Because it’not.

Janine 1 October 2014 at 6:17 pm

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your comment. You’re right about Cicaplast, of course. In fact we’re well aware that it’s a product designed to help heal surgical scars; I was introduced to it BY a cosmetic surgeon when the brand first did press on the original Cicaplast balm. But does it really matter whether we use it “lightly” as you say, “as a beauty product”? Isn’t the more important point that we USE it because it’s good at what it does?