Going to America: SampleSource.com = Free Samples to Help You Spend Less $$

by Janine on 25 March 2013 · 10 comments

vintage mailbox_birdUS-based Beautygeeks readers take note: as we anticipate the opening of additional Target doors in Canada, our favourite try-before-you-buy free-samples program, SampleSource.com, is targeting mailboxes on your side of the border. And it’s going to change what you think you know about free-stuff programs. For instance: unlike beauty-box set-ups, this won’t cost you a thing and you choose the free samples most relevant to you.

SampleSource samplesRight off, you need to know that SampleSource.com isn’t one of those bogus-styles sites that just takes all your information and then sends you to some other obscure website that may or may not actually send you anything. The company has already sent millions of samples across Canada. I’ve written about the service several times, here, here and here — it’s the real deal, with past-participant big-brand names such as Garnier, John Frieda, Nivea, Jergens, Schick, Arm & Hammer, Sunlight, Catelli, Colgate and more. Options so far have included beauty/grooming necessities such as body lotions, razors, sunscreen and haircare, as well as household products and food items that cycle through everyone’s grocery lists. (Hint: see image above.)

samplesource opening pageSigning up is as easy as adding your email address to the SampleSource.com invitation list so you’ll receive notifications as soon as new samples are available — a little birdie tells me that’ll be in the coming weeks. (Only one registration per household — and this company is far better than most when it comes to weeding out and disqualifying multiples.)

SampleSource.com product selectionWhen samples go live, you can pick the items you want to try (last time there were a total of 14 samples from which to choose), review your selections and confirm your order. After that, you’ll be able to track your samples from the packaging point to shipping and delivery.

SampleSource product ratingsOnce you receive your samples and have a chance to try them, you can accept an invitation to rate them on the SampleSource.com website. Did you like the product? Would you buy it in the future? Would you recommend it to a friend? The process is as easy as checking off your answers, and you’ll can peruse ratings of past samples, too.

US mailboxesSound like a free free-stuff program that could really be helpful? You can add yourself to the US-site invitation list right now!

If you’re a resident of Canada new to SampleSource.com, you’re just in time to register for the Spring program. If you’re already familiar with SampleSource, what’s your impression?

{ 1 trackback }

SampleSource.com Available RIGHT NOW in the USA -- BEAUTYGEEKS
16 September 2013 at 10:44 am

Cranky B. Pants 25 March 2013 at 3:09 pm

I feel like our love of SampleSource means that while we would not attend the opening of an envelope, we will attend the opening of any and all boxes.

Janine 25 March 2013 at 3:20 pm

Indeed!

JoElla 27 March 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thank you so very much for letting us Americans know! I just signed up for the invite list.

Janine 27 March 2013 at 3:50 pm

My pleasure, JoElla! :-)

YouLookHotToday 28 March 2013 at 5:19 pm

Oooh SampleSource… i HEART you.

Here, an open letter to SampleSource:

Dear SampleSource,

You are good at letting me try new stuff without me having to purchase a full-sized product just so I can try it. I appreciate that and now I buy Sunlight for my dishwasher instead of that other (more expensive) stuff I used to buy because Sunlight works equally as well as that other stuff.

Love always,

My wallet.

Karen 28 March 2013 at 6:32 pm

I am a newcomer to sample source, but in my short time with them I have come to love them. It’s so exciting to try out a product for free before committing to a purchase. All the products I have had the chance to try are everyday household products that we all use, however, if you are like me, once you find a product that you like you usually don’t stray from it. Using sample source has expanded my horizons on common products like granola bars and razors. Glad to be a member!

Alex 31 March 2013 at 2:30 pm

YAY Sample Source for our cross-border friends!!!! They will be so happy!
So nice to see this!

Crystal C 27 April 2013 at 8:25 pm

This is awesome! I’m Canadian and I never knew about this site until just now. You can bet I signed up. I’m so excited for this, most sample-sending sites are just awful (or exclusively for the states!)
Thank you so much for posting about this! :)

Janine 29 April 2013 at 9:00 am

Seriously, it’s an amazing service that really wants to put samples you want into your hands with a minimum of fuss. Love it! More people should be talking about it!