Green Day: Shopping the Emerald Aisles for St. Patrick’s Day Beauty

by Janine on 13 March 2013 · 9 comments

Sephora liner_photo by George PimentelOf course you want to wear green makeup for St. Patrick’s Day! It’s an especially good year to do so — after all, according to Pantone, emerald is the colour of 2013. Go all out with statement eye makeup, or try a sweep of green liner and mascara. A green mani is mandatory, and go ahead — shamrock one cheek. I’m thinking green faux lashes, myself…

And just for St. Paddy’s, it’s okay to pretend emerald and green are interchangeable terms, whatever the hue.

slideshow: St. Patrick’s Day makeup

Sephora Pantone Color Theory eye shadow in Bionic_photo by George Pimentel

seeing green: Sephora + Pantone Universe Color Theory Shadow Block in Bionic ($31, sephora.ca). Photo: George Pimentel.

green makeup

clockwise from top left: Sephora + Pantone Universe Color Theory Shadow Block in Bionic ($31, sephora.ca). Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Jungle ($42, sephora.ca). Make Up For Ever Aquarelle water-based liquid pigment for eyes and cheeks in Apple Green ($23, sephora.ca). Nars Duo Eye Shadow in Misfit ($39, narscosmetics.ca).

drugstore green eyeshadows

clockwise from top left: Revlon Photoready Primer, Shadow + Sparkle Palette in Pop Art ($11.99, well.ca). Rimmel London Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadow in Green Park ($5.50, well.ca). Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Explosion Luminizing Eyeshadow in Forest Fury ($12.09, well.ca). Annabelle Mineral Pigment Dust in Eco Chic ($8.50, drugstores). L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Blue Haute Couture ($11.29, well.ca).

Sephora green liquid liner_photo by George Pimentel

green sweep: Sephora + Pantone Universe Graphic Lift Liquid Eyeliner in metallic Emerald ($20, sephora.ca) and Color Charged Graphic Lacquer in Emerald ($12, sephora.ca). Photo: George Pimentel.

green liners

clockwise from top left: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Mighty Moss ($19, clinique.com). Lancôme Liner Design cream liner in Emerald Seductive ($28, lancome.ca). Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara in Green ($25, sephora.ca). Annabelle Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencil in Absinthe-Minded ($8.95, drugstores). Covergirl Liquilineblast in Green Glow ($9.99, well.ca). Sephora + Pantone Universe Graphic Lift Liquid Eyeliner in metallic Emerald ($20, sephora.ca).

green false lashes

from top: Shu Uemura Mini Khaki false lashes ($23, shuuemura.ca) -- I wear these! Make Up For Ever Bernadette lashes ($17, sephora.ca).

Clarisonic Mia Emerald

clean green: Clarisonic Mia2 two-speed Skin Cleansing System with built-in timer, and tube of cleanser ($175, sephora.ca).

Staff helpfully assembled this slideshow (she wanted this emerald nail-tip ring to accessorize her St. Paddy’s Day ensemble), deliberately skipping a nail-polish slide. Instead we thought we’d ask you: what your fave green-day polish or press-on nail colour?

Model photos: George Pimentel.

{ 1 trackback }

Emerald Beauty Inspiration - Julep Blog - Julep Beauty Buzz
5 April 2013 at 10:01 am

Cranky B. Pants 13 March 2013 at 10:33 am

Could I also use this Clairsonic at Xmas? Heart the slide show. Might need that tech for one of my stories!!

Janine 13 March 2013 at 11:52 am

Yes, just at Christmas and on St. Patrick’s Day. *grin*

And I do see slideshows in your future, Cranky, I surely do.

YouLookHotToday 13 March 2013 at 10:51 am

I’m diggin’ that green eyeliner that’s in the first picture – which one is that? I thought I had an Urban Decay 24/7 emerald green but I don’t… so sad.

For my St. Paddy’s digits, I usually use a blend of polishes to get the right green: Nicole – Make Mine Lime over O.P.I. – Don’t Mess With O.P.I. This year, I think I’ll just do green dots on white nails. And I might attempt to paint a shamrock or a pint of Guinness on one nail. Maybe.

Janine 13 March 2013 at 11:54 am

That’s the Sephora + Pantone Universe Graphic Lift Liquid Eyeliner, You :-)

Thanks for your polish recommendations!

Nicole 15 March 2013 at 12:49 am

I want that MUFE mascara! I would totally rock that ANY time :)
I’ll be wearing a franken polish for St. Paddy’s this year. It’s one I mixed up a while back to my husband’s specs (imagine that lol) and I ended up naming it Irish Gold. It’s a very bright, slightly lime-ish, grass green with gold flakies in it. It makes me think of leprechauns and shamrocks when I wear it.

Janine 15 March 2013 at 7:21 am

It comes in navy and plum too, Nicole!

You mixed up a St. Paddy’s Day polish blend to your husband’s specs? Amazing! Why was he so invested? Not that that’s a bad thing; I love it. Sounds like a totally fun shade; I want to see a photo!

Desirée 15 March 2013 at 10:55 am

This year, I’ll be wearing a combination of two coats of China Glaze “Running in Circles” and, because I wanted it to be even glitterier, I’m putting a coat of Nfu-Oh #065, which is a beautiful green flakie, over top. I’m not much of an artist, otherwise I might have attempted YouLookHotToday’s pint of Guinness idea…. it sounds so cute!!

Janine 15 March 2013 at 11:11 am

Green flakie! That’s what’s missing from my emerald St. Paddy’s Day nail-art post! I have to put one in. And I want to see your mani, Desiree — will you post a link to a photo when it’s done??