Mani Accessory: Like My Nail Tip Ring?

by Janine on 21 February 2013 · 15 comments

Sephora + Pantone Emerald Tip Nail Ring and dot mani by Melissa at Tips I don’t think it goes with my dot mani, but how do you like my new nail accessory?

Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Tip Ring_March 2013This is the quirky Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Nail Tip Ring ($26).

SAMSUNGHere it’s worn by Marjorie at a Toronto preview of the Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald collection that hits shelves next month at Sephora.

Sephora + Pantone Universe Emerald Tip Ring_March 2013_1It’ll probably look best with simple, neutral nails, or a solid Emerald mani — or a square-dot mani?

Sephora + Pantone Emerald Tip Nail Ring and dot mani by Melissa at Tips2Would you wear such a thing?

Custom-blend dot mani by Melissa Forrest, Tips Nail Bar.

Emerald Ring | islesofjane
11 March 2013 at 7:35 pm
St. Patrick's Day Makeup
13 March 2013 at 10:23 am

Jane 21 February 2013 at 11:32 am

If it didn’t look weirdly shaped next to my nails, hells yes I’d wear it! I LOVE this! Fresh, fun and cool.

Janine 21 February 2013 at 11:44 am

The shape is a bit off for me too — I don’t love a squared tip. And usually my nails are longer and more pointy, which would really look odd with the ring. But it’s a fun concept.

Meredith 21 February 2013 at 11:50 am

I used to have a 14k gold charm that I wore all the time on my nails-it dangled and was super cute (hole drilled through acrylic tip on that one nail). I don’t like that this is a tip ring…I would prefer it if it was the coil that you could secure into your own mani but I get that it’s Pantone and that’s the color blah blah blah.

Interesting but I think they could’ve done better.

Natalie 21 February 2013 at 7:44 pm

So not up my alley.

Cranky B. Pants 22 February 2013 at 9:20 am

Your photos are unacceptable – I need to see it in motion. Why have you not built a mani cam like E!?

Janine 22 February 2013 at 9:23 am

*hangs head in shame*

Nicole 22 February 2013 at 2:36 pm

I have a feeling this would never sit right. It would end up twisting around like every other ring always tries to do and that would just look silly. I don’t do fake nails of any sort, I like my own just fine.

Janine 22 February 2013 at 4:42 pm

I’ll say it doesn’t twist much — the “nail” part of the ring kind of prevents it from twisting all the way around. Plus it’s rather a snug fit for me (not really a one-size-fits-all sort of thing), so it doesn’t really move.

I don’t think it’s really intended as a fake nail, per se — more of a novelty accessory. There’s a really specific audience for it, surely, but I’m not sure who that is!

YouLookHotToday 22 February 2013 at 9:33 pm

It’s weird. It’s just weird. But I know people who would love it – I just ain’t one of ‘em.

Pam 10 March 2013 at 3:56 pm

I love it and I want it, but not for $26!

Janine 11 March 2013 at 10:44 pm

If you wait long enough, you might find it on clearance! *grin*

StylistMA 15 March 2013 at 12:01 pm

This would be great for a flashy male pimp. You know the ones that grow one fingernail really long so that they can actually use it as a scooping or cutting device. I know that’s horrible, but that’s what I think of when I see this. Which actually doesn’t mean I don’t like it. It’s very “cheeky”, however you perceive it;o)

Janine 15 March 2013 at 12:29 pm

Hah ha ha! I’d be lying if I said that hadn’t occurred to me too!