Bold Brigade: Bourjois Paris Rouge Edition Lipsticks Riding In This Fall

by Janine on 31 January 2013 · 8 comments

Bourjois Paris Rouge Edition Lipstick_display Monoprix Paris.jpgI first spotted Bourjois Paris makeup in pro-artist kits years ago, before the brand became available in Canada the first and second time. Despite that cred, and its smooth, satisfyingly pigmented eye shadows and blushes, adorable coloured pots and great gloss shades, one thing about the line has always been a disappointment: the lack of punchy, bold, bright lipstick shades. The only colour that really spoke to me was Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Fuchsia Class.

Bourjois Paris Rouge Edition Lipsticks_Canada Fall 2013.jpgNow a whole bunch of Bourjois Paris lipsticks are speaking to me — in French.

SAMSUNGI spotted these at a Monoprix in Paris earlier this week. Rouge Edition features more pigment than Bourjois Paris’ other lipsticks, and 18 shades that include several bright and deep hues. It’s about time!

SAMSUNGThese two, 07 Fuchsia Graffiti and 10 Orange Pop Up, spoke to me most loudly. Janine, Janine! they called out. (What? My name is French.) So I bought Orange Pop Up.

Bourjois-Paris_Rouge-Edition-Lipstick_rangeCanadians have to wait until Fall for this “approved by fashion editors” collection. (I’d have sought approval from beauty editors instead, but perhaps I’m a tad biased.)

I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up 07 Fuchsia Graffiti. And maybe 11 Fraise Remix. And 18 Violine Strass. I can’t have them yelling to me from Paris when I’m back home in Toronto.

UPDATE: Turns out that 15 of the above shades will be on Canadian shelves this August. The first shade, a clear shimmer, isn’t making the trip; neither are #06 (a delicate blue-based pink with silver pearl shimmer) and #16 (a dark chocolate).

Beauty Reflections 1 February 2013 at 12:03 am

WANTS!!! These look great! I agree it’s about time!

Janine 1 February 2013 at 12:06 am

Right? Seems to me Bourjois should have been one of the bright-lip leaders. Total fit for the brand’s personality.

Siofan 1 February 2013 at 12:07 am

As a fellow Fuchsia Class lover (amour?) I am SO HAPPY to hear that there’s some more vivid shades on the way. I can’t wait for them to call my name, too! From the lineup looks like there is only orange though? Wah Wah. There’s no way a beauty editor would’ve let that happen if polled for their approval.

Janine 1 February 2013 at 12:12 am

I’m going to take a closer look before I leave and report back, lady! I think Fraise Remix has a poppy bent, and Violine Strass might be interesting. My photos are a bit off — took them sort of discreetly with my cel phone instead of my proper camera (more obvious, of course).

Siofan 1 February 2013 at 12:17 am

In your photos it looks like there are some lovely oranges, but in the supplied looks like only one coral? Either way, can’t wait to see the ones you buy (modelled on you, of course). I love the formula of Sweet Kiss, it looks good both in slightly glossy just put on and also blotted and matted out and doesn’t dry, and the pigment is solid.

Tania 4 February 2013 at 9:49 am

**** I can’t have them yelling to me from Paris when I’m back home in Toronto.****

Possibly best BeautyGeeks Line ever !!

Olavia Kite 26 March 2013 at 3:37 pm

What’s the difference between Fuchsia Graffiti and Fuchsia Class? I’m asking because I *love* Fuchsia Class and I’m drawn to Fuchsia Graffiti (BOLD!) but wouldn’t want to buy the same color with a different name.

Janine 26 June 2013 at 4:45 pm

Yikes! Sorry, Olavia, I missed your question! I think Fuchsia Graffiti may be a touch brighter, and certainly the formula is different, and the finish. But I can’t be sure because I’ve somehow mislaid my Fuchsia Class! Sheesh.