Golden Globe winner (again!) and new mum Claire Danes has been rusticating in Toronto these last couple of months as lovely hubby Hugh Dancy films the TV series Hannibal. On the red carpet just a month after the birth of her son, the actress showed off aÂ killer body, and soft, glossy waves. We can tell you how to get the waves and makeup look -- they're way easier than the bod how-to.
Celebrity hair stylist Peter Butler was responsible for Claire's hair style, assisted by John Frieda styling aids. The breakdown:
1) Blowdry hair with a large, round, boar bristle brush
2) divide hair into sections and curl with a 1Â½-inch-barrel curling iron
3) set with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hairspray
4) turn curls into waves by brushing through with a paddle brush
5) rub John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing CrÃ¨me between hands and run through hair to soften hair and boost shine
6) mist style with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray
Claire's makeup was done by her long-time makeup artist Matin Maulawizada (dude has a PhD in molecular biology! #obsessedwiththat) using Laura Mercier makeup:
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer CrÃ¨me Compact SPF 20 in Almond
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3
Laura Mercier CrÃ¨me Cheek Colour in Blaze
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent + Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to set makeup
Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight over Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum on shoulders and arms
Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black on lids and along lower lashline
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony to intensify
Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold along the waterlines
Laura MercierÂ Faux Lash Mascara on upper lashes
Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut to define
Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline to contour and fill-in as a base
Laura Mercier CrÃ¨me Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic
Some Twitter-folk felt Claire's smoky eyes were too dark. But in the flash of the red-carpet photographers, they don't seem overdone. What do you think?
John Frieda is available at drugstores; Laura Mercier is available at Holt Renfrew.