“Can I just post the picture and the press release?” she asked.
“If you don’t want a byline,” I said.
â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢
Toronto, ON September 19, 2012 â€“ On September 27, Gap will debut a limited-edition collection for men designed by GQâ€™s six Best New Menswear Designers in America for 2012. The one-of-a-kind assortment, which ranges from accessories to outerwear, showcases each rising designerâ€™s signature spin on iconic menswear pieces.
â€œFrom the very early stages of the design process, we knew this collection was going to be something our customers were drawn to,â€ said Mark Breitbard, head of merchandising for Gap North America. â€œThese designers are shaping the future of menswear, and itâ€™s an honour to bring their distinct visions to life in a way that complements Gapâ€™s casual American point of view.â€
With price points starting at $20 for essential items such as boxer briefs and ranging up to $348 for more indulgent pieces like a leather bomber jacket, the collection is available at select Gap stores worldwide and online at Gapcanada.ca and Gap.com. The collection will include hats, belts, knit ties and scarves; graphic tees, fleece hoodies, oxfords and mohair cardigans; chinos, cargo pants, wool trousers and denim; and blazers, wool peacoats, parkas and leather bombers.
- Johan Lindebergâ€™s BLK DNM celebrates the new uniform of the way-downtown set, where black jeans share sartorial space with tuxedo jackets and leather bombers.
- Ian Velardi who fuses active sportswear with classic tailoring techniques to form his signature uptown-meets-downtown aesthetic.
- Mark McNairy New Amsterdam turns classic American sportswear on its ear. Military, workwear and athletic influences mesh in his rebellious and playful collections.
- Twin brothers Ariel and Shimon Ovadia, of Ovadia & Sons, bring fresh eyes to old-world tailoring by updating classic menswear items with unexpected details and pops of color.
- Saturdays NYC, founded by Morgan Collett, Josh Rosen, and Colin Tunstall, brings surf style to urban dwellers with designs equally suited for sandy beaches and concrete sidewalks.
- Todd Snyderâ€™s designs reside at the intersection of rugged and refined. He makes clothes for the man who wears a jacket and tie because he wants to.
GQâ€™s Best New Menswear Designers in America project, which was established in 2007, works to advance and bring attention to up-and-coming American menswear designers. The recognized designers who were selected by GQ editor-in-chief Jim Nelson and creative director Jim Moore, along with the fashion editors of the magazine, took part in a mentoring program led by GQ and Gap.
â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢ â€¢
I love the aesthetic. (Click on the images to see them larger.)
Are you going to send your man shopping? Or maybe pick up a few things for upcoming birthday and holiday gifts?