Get a Grip: Handling the Schick Hydro Silk 5-Blade Razor

by Janine on 23 February 2012 · 7 comments

The time to test a new razor is not when your legs are covered in angry sandfly bites. A bumpy terrain + blade is a tricky business. Thus a testing delay. (Thank goodness it’s still leggings/long pants season.)

The Schick Hydro Silk was seven years in the making. The brand’s first five-blade, its key features include a cartridge-surrounding lubricating reservoir that delivers a water-activated hydrating serum to help the razor glide during the shave and leave skin soft afterward. “Skin guards” at the top of each blade are designed to reduce irritation and smooth the skin’s surface so you get a closer shave without discomfort. The cartridge itself is shaped to navigate curves and hollows comfortably. The handle was developed for an easy grip and to keep the blade elevated from the surface upon which it rests.

Easy terrain navigation (post-healing of angry mountainous bug bites), check.

Close shave, check.

Moisturized skin during the shave and afterward, check.

Soft, comfortable, handle — omigod, is it wrong that since I met the Schick Hydro Silk ($13.99) I’ve been geeking out about the clever, why-didn’t-anyone-think-of-this-sooner genius handle? Just look how it sits on the table in the Dominican Republic resort I took it to last month! See that blade cartridge? Not sticking to the table surface? Thing. Of. Beauty.

Have you tried the Schick Hydro Silk yet?

The Schick Hydro Silk razor is available at drug, grocery and mass retail stores.

Health Is Wealth
23 February 2012 at 2:40 pm
SampleSource.com Offers 14 Free Samples this October
31 August 2012 at 12:52 am

Anna 23 February 2012 at 9:51 am

I am going to try this very soon. I think my search for the perfect razor has ended:)

YouLookHotToday 23 February 2012 at 9:38 pm

Brilliant! I hate that glob of goop that gets stuck to the side of the tub when I leave my razor there. I’ma get me one! (one razor – not one glob of goop).

Sarah 24 February 2012 at 12:30 am

Love the sound of this, but man, razors are getting awfully expensive aren’t they? The initial razor, plus replacement cartridges… I’m thinking of trying electrolysis or laser and be rid of leg hair permanently, especially with all the group buying deals available out there now.

Janine 3 March 2012 at 12:11 am

Good ones are definitely more expensive than ever — but worth it in comparison to the cheapie types (ouch!), I think. More long-term solutions are definitely worth considering, though. Make sure you pick a good place!

Kristina 24 February 2012 at 6:53 pm

I sure did! got a few of them through various blogs, test ran them + submitted reviews
my only concern is that it still gives me micro cuts on my knees – too close of a shave I guess!