Cranky Beauty Pants: Cranky 2011 Emmys

by Cranky B. Pants on 20 September 2011 · 6 comments

The broadcast was largely predictable – “Modern Family,” “Mad Men” and “The Daily Show” won the way they usually do, but it appears you can’t have it all, even if you’re on TV.

For example, Julianna Margulies, star of “The Good Wife,” had (weirdly retro) finished hair, but only about 12 sequins on her I-hope-this-is-not-the-future-of-fashion Armani Prive dress, whereas Kaley Cuoco of “The Big Bang Theory,”  had a lovely dress, weird shoes and hair that looked like a DIY job.

Julie Bowen (“Modern Family”) also had DIY-looking hair, but that might be cause her kid was projectile vomitting prior to mom and dad leaving for the show. She gets a pass.

Also, if ombre is the look you love for your hair, wear it down. Wearing it up puts the dark roots and blonde ends too close to each other – like colour-blocking on your head. Unattractive.

So, dear readers, whose look did you crave and whose are you going to rave about at work this week?

P.S. Bill Macy is the new Christian Bale.

We love justjared.buzznet.com. Can you tell?

{ 1 trackback }

Red Carpet Compare-and-Contrast: Julianna Margulies_Kaley Cuoco_Julie Bowen
17 January 2013 at 7:50 am

Kelly Garrett 20 September 2011 at 2:17 pm

It’s like Julie Bowen is thinking
Dear Gwyneth: this is how you’ll look in a couple years, when you leave your thirties behind. Enjoy your plump-cheeked self now, while you can.

(Note: I think Julie Bowen is very pretty. I think her story about being puked on was supersweet, *but* an extra five pounds wouldn’t hurt. Just five. Don’t want Hollywood calling her fat or nuthin’.

Janine 21 September 2011 at 7:10 pm

I’m not a fan of her false eyelashes, actually. They’re a tad stripper-harsh. Lash clusters à la J.Lo would have been softer, more flattering.

Plus she needs a bit of deep conditioning on those ends…

Ally 20 September 2011 at 8:08 pm

All I gotta say is I couldn’t be happier Kyle Chandler won for Friday Night Lights! That was an unpredicted but super deserving win.
I thought Sophia Vergara looked fabulous as per usual.
xo

Zakiyyah 21 September 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love Julianna’s entire look. I know most people HATED the dress, but I thought it was pretty amazing.

Janine 21 September 2011 at 7:11 pm

Unlike Cranky, I liked her dress. But that hair — WTF?