The only other makeup that caught my attention last night was Lea Michele's. That smudged cat-eye slash of winged blue, with lots of lashes plus a simple finish for the rest of her face was fresh, dramatic, and youthful with Michele's softly tousled â€™do.
Here's what celeb makeup artist Melanie Inglessis used for this â€™60s bombshell-inspired look, and how. (Note: I do realize this isn't the most flattering of Lea Michele's Emmy photos, but it shows her eye makeup best!)
1) From the NARS Tzarine Duo Eyeshadow, sweep the platinum gold shade from crease to brow.
2) Line upper lashes with NARS eye pencil in Manon and wing it out at outer corners.
3) Smudge Nars Single Eye Shadow in China Blue over liner at lashlines.
4) With the darker shade in the NARS Tzarine Duo Eyeshadow, blend the liner into the crease to create a smoky effect.
5) Apply a light touch of NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Palladium on the inner corners of lids
6) Curl lashes and coat with NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara in black.
7) Augment lashes with some falsies -- Inglessis used a strip of Robert Reese "One Hot Mama" lashes cut into three equal pieces, which she says makes them "more flexible and easier to apply." (I've gotta try that!)
8) Got cheekbones like Lea Michele? Define them first with NARS Bronzing Powder in Casino.
9) Warm apples of cheeks with NARS Blush in Douceur, a neutral pink brown, and blend into the bronzer.
10) Highlight along top of cheekbones with NARS Blush in Nico.
5) Tint lips with NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Tashkent ($30, available September 1st), a nude shade.
Easy, right? No, really -- it is.
NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks will be available at The Bay. For more Lea Michele at the Emmys, visit JustJared.buzznet.com.