F is for Fuzzies-Free: Make-Offs Signature Cosmetic Removal Pads

by Janine on 23 July 2010 · 7 comments

I have zero patience for makeup removal pads that leave a linty web behind on your lashes, skin, and in your eyes, or become a shreddy, fuzzy mess when you try to separate one pad from another. Life Brand, I’m looking at you (sorry Shoppers — I love you, but those are a cotton-pad FAIL). One round-quilted type I tried fell apart like confetti with any sort of handling, and had sharp, scratchy edges too. Fail, fail, fail.

I’ve long preferred Make-Offs Cosmetic Removal Pads. Soft and 100 per cent cotton, the pads do not disintigrate as you use them like some others do, and they rate well on the leave-no-lint scale. But Shoppers stopped carrying them when they introduced their Life Brand duds. Grrr.

The day I discovered the Guardian Drugs in my hood carries Make-Offs was a good day. I snagged three bags and did a happy dance. (I really did. Folks looked at me funny.) And now I’m even happier because I’ve just snapped up the brand’s Signature lint-free texture ($3.49 per 100), which are soft yet durable, and completely live up to the lint-free name.

Make-Offs, either the Signature or Supreme Oval, are must-haves. And they’re made in Canada.

UPDATE: Rexall’s Quilted Square Cosmetic Pads suck big time too — mine turned into a square column of linty cotton batting. But, surprisingly, Life Brand Certified Organic Cotton pads are more like the Make-Offs, much better than the regular Life Brand fails.

Make-Offs Supreme are available at Well.ca and Guardian Drugs (and likely other Rexall Pharma subsidiaries); Make-Offs Signature at Guardian Drugs/Rexall.

Daly Beauty
6 February 2011 at 12:38 am
Shiseido Facial Cotton and Chanel Le Coton: Worth It? Hellz Yeah.
15 December 2011 at 12:07 am
Why Shiseido Cotton Pads are the Best Cotton Pads - BEAUTYGEEKS
29 August 2013 at 3:36 am

YouLookHotToday 24 July 2010 at 9:16 am

Ever since BeautyGeeks turned me on to Gosh’s Extremely Waterproof Eyeliner, I’ve had to use these kinds o pads to get the Gosh off. As it was my first foray into the world of make-up remover, I popped over to Shoppers and picked up some Gosh remover and some cosmetic remover pads. There was no option for the removal pads so I ended up with Life Brand. And they suck.

Today I’m going to Guardian. I’ma get me sumthin’ that doesn’t lint me or fuzz me or feel like I’m going to stuff my finger right through it!

Yay, for BeautyGeeks and all the tips ‘n tricks what make make-up and all the stuffs that goes with it, easy.

Many thanks for a lint-free, non-disintegrating removal,
You.

Janine 6 February 2011 at 5:59 pm

Just used a couple Life Brand Certified Organic Cotton pads at Angela’s — they’re good! Waaaaaay better than their “regular” versions.

Lesa 5 February 2011 at 7:54 pm

Another Life Brand FAIL which I’ve already mentioned but bears repeating are their version of Goody Ouchless Elastics. Pathetically weak, they snap CONSISTENTLY. Avoid at all costs.

Janine 6 February 2011 at 3:33 am

The Stylize brand — agreed! They snap on first attempt to wear!